Tyler Adams

Wes

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea at the moment are starting Chukwuemeka and Gallagher in midfield this weekend. They have no midfield

Liverpool are going to hear them apart if thats their cm midfield 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dontvthink we are interested.  Im sure we would have made  amove by now if we were

I’ve never thought there was anything beyond general interest - not a priority position for us nor a right back. 

If someone wanted him he'd have moved by now due to the release clause. 

I think clubs interested in him will be thinking about the benefits of having the USMNT captain in their squad. Shirt sales and exposure etc. 

If the £20mil release clause is true then would we make an additional £20mil over, say, a 4 year contract? As that would pay for the transfer and then you're looking to cover wages only. If the wage budget you have can accommodate those wages then for me it's a no-brainer. 

At the moment I really feel the two clubs needing a player like Adams in their squad the most are Chelsea and Liverpool but from what I've seen, both on sky and in person, I don't know if he's good enough for that level. 

15 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If someone wanted him he'd have moved by now due to the release clause. 

I think clubs interested in him will be thinking about the benefits of having the USMNT captain in their squad. Shirt sales and exposure etc. 

If the £20mil release clause is true then would we make an additional £20mil over, say, a 4 year contract? As that would pay for the transfer and then you're looking to cover wages only. If the wage budget you have can accommodate those wages then for me it's a no-brainer. 

At the moment I really feel the two clubs needing a player like Adams in their squad the most are Chelsea and Liverpool but from what I've seen, both on sky and in person, I don't know if he's good enough for that level. 

Tyler Adams is not going to sell Aston Villa shirts in the United States. I have seen one Adams Leeds shirt, it was in Maryland last week at the game, where people showed up in whatever team kit they had to show support or whatever motivates people. 

I saw more people in Roy Kent AFC Richmond shirts: the better question is clearly why isn’t Monchi signing Roy **** Kent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Tyler Adams is not going to sell Aston Villa shirts in the United States. I have seen one Adams Leeds shirt, it was in Maryland last week at the game, where people showed up in whatever team kit they had to show support or whatever motivates people. 

I saw more people in Roy Kent AFC Richmond shirts: the better question is clearly why isn’t Monchi signing Roy **** Kent. 

He’d appeal to sponsors though and would make us more appealing to potential new America based ones for sure … 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea at the moment are starting Chukwuemeka and Gallagher in midfield this weekend. They have no midfield

What about the the £105million Enzo Fernandez ? 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’d appeal to sponsors though and would make us more appealing to potential new America based ones for sure … 

That's where I was going with it. Shirt Sales in tiny writing and Exposure in block caps and bold. 

There's reports of the benefits Chelsea got from having Pulisic and Dortmund got from Reyna. 

The British game is clearly the most profitable and I don't think it's a coincidence that big clubs around Europe constantly go after good young players they can convince to move from the UK. Juventus, Dortmund, Munich, Madrid, PSG, Milan, Atalanta, Lille, Lyon etc etc all have English players on the books and if that opens up a window to sponsorship from the UK or someone looking to tap into it, the transfer can earn back some of the outlay. Not saying it pays for itself but it makes the deal more appealing to take a risk on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They will partner him, it was the midfield 3 that started at the weekend

Not to mention Nkunku damaged ligaments in his knee and will be out for a couple months.

They'll be starting  ̷L̷e̷o̷n̷ ̷B̷a̷i̷l̷e̷y̷ Nicolas Jackson up front Vs Liverpool

Clickbait pendulum swings back to us signing him now… He’d add a new dimension and option to our midfield but unless The Donk leaves whom I actually really like as a player cannot see it though makes commercial sense to pursue in some respects. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool also have no midfield 🤣

Oddly enough, Liverpool would make a lot of sense for Adams. Can do the dirty work so Trent doesn’t have to get too dirty tracking back. 

21 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How can they have spent that much money in 18 months and have that as a central midfield. Jokers.

All of Mount, Jorginho, Kante, Havertz and Kovacic left in last six months. Basically the midfield options that won them the CL in May 2021.

I actually think Chelsea will sign him in the end as they're very short and for mid 20s he's pretty experienced at top level having played in CL for Leipzig for a couple of seasons.

Think Chelsea are going all out to wrap up the Caciedo deal and then they'll sign Adams at the end of the window, he's still injured I think so that's why no one has signed him yet.

I'd comfortably take him over Donk... but don't see him being persuaded to come here as a very obvious backup / rotation option.

Yeah, I know he'd get game time, but I think he'd want more than half the minutes rather than less.

Â