Tyler Adams

Wes

I don’t rate Dendoncker but he has attributes that we lack in general (too many deficiencies too though) - height, physicality and aerial ability.

Happy to sell/replace him but I feel we do need to add those qualities to the squad and make ourselves stronger, good to have alternative options but almost every player must be technically proficient and able to pass the ball well in an Unai side.

Adams is another fairly small yet tenacious player. We could do with a few players that can help us on the physical side and to win the ball in the air, no?

Just seems like our squad/team may be lacking in this sense. It’s nice to have small, technical or aggressive players but a bit of height and strength would be helpful too (so long as those players have quality on the ball too). It might be why we were linked to a player like Mikel Merino in the past…

We have Mings and McGinn is a real fighter (do we depend too heavily on him in that sense)… Carlos to return… is that enough?

Edited by Jas10

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't know him so looked at stats and he seems like tackle bot and not much else

And? …

He breaks up play, presses and keeps it simple, if he were to sign he’d be a perfect foil for Luiz & Kamara, McGinn who are obviously better passers and means there skills can be utilised further up the pitch 

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't know him so looked at stats and he seems like tackle bot and not much else

If all you did was look at stats then surely the conclusion you came to was that he's better than Kamara?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine my shock 

Talksport the other day Maddison heavily linked with Newcastle and Spurs. 

Simon Jordan: I was talking to Daniel Levy yesterday and asked if Spurs were looking to sign Maddison and Daniel said no, not interested

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Emery wanted a Right Footed option who can play as one of the double pivots or as part of the attacking wide players who come centrally to form the box. We've Tielemans and McGinn who can do that now. Tielemans on a free or Guendouzi for £30m it's clear which is better use of limited funds. The aim for the squad building is to have a large portion of the squad have low to no amortisation and just have wages. It free's up the remaining funds to go after targets we need to pay fee's for. 

Adams is probably another smart opportunistic one. He's young and must be rated by Emery and the data. He's versatile in that he's played CM/CDM and RM/RB so he can probably fit in the team as the RB who is a midfielder in possession where our LB is a wide forward in attack. While he's also CDM option instead of Kamara. If we can get Adams for say £25m on a 5 year deal and sell Dendonker for 13/14m we will book a 4m profit about. That covers most of Adams amortisation for this year. We get more eyeballs in the US as we have their national team capatain at VP plus we get a quality player with plenty of improvement in him.

It's smart squad management within the financial constraints we have as a club. 

Isn't McGinn left footed?

Since we signed Tielemans I think we’re well stocked for midfielders now. Luiz and Tielemans, Kamara and Dendoncker, McGinn and Ramsey, enough cover for key positions and complimentary options to change things up. I’m not sure we need Tyler Adams, maybe he was a back up option if we didn’t land Tielemans and the links are just slow getting out

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Since we signed Tielemans I think we’re well stocked for midfielders now. Luiz and Tielemans, Kamara and Dendoncker, McGinn and Ramsey, enough cover for key positions and complimentary options to change things up. I’m not sure we need Tyler Adams, maybe he was a back up option if we didn’t land Tielemans and the links are just slow getting out

Only thing is they are totally different players , Tielemans coming in adds even further to our squad from a creative standpoint, whereas Adams is more of a keep it simple pressing machine.

• Like 1

I think he is similar to Kamara in terms of the tackle whilst maybe not as good on the ball or passing. Would be good competition for him. 

I know many of an our fans won’t agree because he plays for Leeds and doesn’t have a foreign sounding name but I’ve seen enough of him to think he’s a very good player that will get a good move.

Let’s see what Unai thinks. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he is similar to Kamara in terms of the tackle whilst maybe not as good on the ball or passing. Would be good competition for him. 

I know many of an our fans won’t agree because he plays for Leeds and doesn’t have a foreign sounding name but I’ve seen enough of him to think he’s a very good player that will get a good move.

Let’s see what Unai thinks. 

Ahh, so that's why fans were so happy when we signed McGinniesta, Ramsovski, Waatkins and Mingsinho, eh?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Ahh, so that's why fans were so happy when we signed McGinniesta, Ramsovski, Waatkins and Mingsinho, eh?

Well for 2 of them we were in the championship. One was a youth player and the final one I remember many complaints about us signing a Brentford player for 28m.  

Try again. 

On 23/06/2023 at 15:09, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange, whenever I saw him he was their best player. Leeds fans think the same. 

Leeds fans thought Pablo Hernandez was better than Grealish 😂

• Haha 1

Â