Tyler Adams

Wes

51 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

This was initially broken by MLSTransfers on Twitter around last week, who clearly seem to know someone close to Adams as they broke his transfer to Leeds, too. He has a relegation release clause.

Those two posts make zero sense.

Why would we be negotiating with Leeds if he has a clause in his contract?

They're not going to accept any less than that, as its probably already below his actual value.

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because one is a good player and the other one is awful! 

I guess it’s all about opinions but i will be amazed if we don’t sell Dendonker. Yes he comes in and does a job now and then but surely that’s the bare minimum a Premier League player should do. Such an awkward immobile player. 

Dendo is a perfect starter pack premier league player and we should be able to cash that it and upgrade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They're not going to accept any less than that, as its probably already below his actual value.

Sometimes the fee can be negotiated even if it's a release in play, We may offer a player or possibly want to pay in installments even if it means paying slightly above the release

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

But that's where they've played up until this point, with McGinn covering in the pivot because of injuries.

Exactly, up until this point because we haven’t had the attacking players.  I think we’ve all thought we’ll be in the market for attacking players this summer and it’s those positions occupied by at various points of Bailey, Buendia, McGinn and Ramsey that we are looking at players. If those players come in then the four I’ve mentioned will be competing for those positions assuming Kamara, Luiz and Watkins will have three of the six midfield/forward positions.  Plus Tielemans, Dendoncker, Traore etc…so adding Adams to that mix seems a lot.  Assume we are after a Asensio/Williams type player who you assume go straight into the first XI, then two positions left for all the others I’ve mentioned to be chosen from.  That’s just adding one new attacking player to the mix.

36 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He has a relegation clause in his contract I don’t think he’ll be more than £20 mill tops in my opinion, anything more than that early 20 range then I’d definitely agree. However if we are getting rid of Sanson, Nakamba and Dendoncker then we could be able net around £15 mill for those three who (minus Dendoncker) aren’t likely to play at all. Plus Adams provides some versatility for us. 

It’s been reported that his relegation clause is £30 million.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Clubs often negotiate even if there are release clauses to figure out how and when the clause gets paid in terms of payment/installment amounts and timings. Great example just today actually with the Jackson --> Chelsea transfer.

Grealish to City was another one: City still negotiated with Villa so that the £100m was paid over around 3 transfer windows, IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve probably mentioned this before but Adams is a good player. Leeds best player by a mile last season. 

But. How many central midfielders do we need? You’d have to assume that one was leaving if we were to sign him. And that’s even if we switch to a 4-3-3.

We need a lot I mean we have 4 players capable of playing cm on the pitch, the ideal scenario is to be able to rotate all 4 options without seriously weakening the starting 11. 

He's a decent player for the squad, I don't think he'd start much in the Prem but probably would in Europe and the cups.

However, we don't seem to be linked with many players in the positions of greater need. CM/DM is probably our strongest area of the squad, unless Donk is on his way out I don't see the need for Adams.

We clearly need a right back, second striker and no 10/playmaker more than another central midfielder, and I'd argue we need a centre back more too particularly one who is comfortable on the ball. So not sure why we're trying to accumulate so many players in centre mid position, it baffles me.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

We need a lot I mean we have 4 players capable of playing cm on the pitch, the ideal scenario is to be able to rotate all 4 options without seriously weakening the starting 11. 

Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey, McGinn, Dendoncker ? Don’t we have that depending who you like?

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s been reported that his relegation clause is £30 million.

I guess that explains the reports of us negotiating with them, I would imagine we don’t want to pay close to that. I guess it depends on how badly Emery wants Adams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey, McGinn, Dendoncker ? Don’t we have that depending who you like?

Kamara, Luiz , Mcginn and Ramsey were for the most part last season on the pitch together. There’s then the option to have Tielemans, Adams  central , I imagine Adams could cover Mcginn’s wide role or a slightly different variation of that role.  Emery had at least 7 midfield options at Villarreal and not like for like backup players so to speak but different personnel for slight variations tactically.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I guess that explains the reports of us negotiating with them, I would imagine we don’t want to pay close to that. I guess it depends on how badly Emery wants Adams.

Or even if the link is true…

It could’ve been we were interested in Adams if we didn’t get Tielemans but now that has happened this is an out of date story just filtering through the grapevine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Kamara, Luiz , Mcginn and Ramsey were for the most part last season on the pitch together. There’s then the option to have Tielemans, Adams  central , I imagine Adams could cover Mcginn’s wide role or a slightly different variation of that role.  Emery had at least 7 midfield options at Villarreal and not like for like backup players so to speak but different personnel for slight variations tactically.

Not really, they were together a lot but mixed in with Buendia as well.  Also Ramsey and McGinn played more often on the same pitch when Kamara was injured.  Aren’t also assuming the wide role you mention will be taken up by a new player given we are trying to buy attacking players? Anyway moving from the topic, I just don’t get what Adams offers that adds to the midfield options we already have.  Some people will agree we me, some won’t.  Emery wants him, then I’m ok with that, just can’t see he will want him imo especially as we’ve just signed Tielemans, just seems like Adams was back up plan.

Edited by nick76

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Exactly, up until this point because we haven’t had the attacking players.  I think we’ve all thought we’ll be in the market for attacking players this summer and it’s those positions occupied by at various points of Bailey, Buendia, McGinn and Ramsey that we are looking at players. If those players come in then the four I’ve mentioned will be competing for those positions assuming Kamara, Luiz and Watkins will have three of the six midfield/forward positions.  Plus Tielemans, Dendoncker, Traore etc…so adding Adams to that mix seems a lot.  Assume we are after a Asensio/Williams type player who you assume go straight into the first XI, then two positions left for all the others I’ve mentioned to be chosen from.  That’s just adding one new attacking player to the mix.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2Ffa3143e89d76490bdf83835cbd3d9fed%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=de204fd4a1bacd6a9993ad7a523324e4e08a4992c77468800000581360d736bf&ipo=images

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or even if the link is true…

It could’ve been we were interested in Adams if we didn’t get Tielemans but now that has happened this is an out of date story just filtering through the grapevine.

Another thing that’s been on my mind if this could be a smoke screen for someone like Guendouzi? The link has gone cold recently but he would still be a decent option to have in our midfield rotation.

Then again I do think with how well McGinn played, maybe Emery doesn’t see the need for a player like him and we go in for a wide player/AM similar to Williams etc.

• Like 1

If Emery see's him as our starting right back firstly and as midfield backup secondary then thats something I could get excited about. Defensively sound, and used to progressing the play forwards and joining in midfield easily could be a good tactical move

Â