Tyler Adams

Wes

I rate Adams, he’s a good player, and by far Leeds’ best, and for £20m I think it would be a good signing. 

An interesting aspect to it is that he can also play as a right back, so could be used as an alternative option for the 3-box-3 formation, whereby he’d go in to the midfield, a left back would become a left sided centre back (either Mings or maybe Torres), and we’d play with a more orthodox left winger. 

Or he could just be backup to Kamara. Either way, I’ve seen us linked with far worse. 

• Like 2

Can't say I've seen him play that much, so no idea how good he is.  But these "underwhelming" type signings will be pretty normal under Emery, so don't be disappointed, he knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Fantastic player defensively but won't give us much of anything going forward as a rule, so maybe an option for the Dendoncker role should he head out.

Ashley Young's replacement?

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You know you can work on more than one transfer at a time right?

Smartass.

I clearly mean we are sorted in midfield for the moment. We also don't have unlimited funds. We desperately need talented attackers/wingers, a backup striker, and competition for both full-backs. We also need an adequate deputy goalkeeper and probably a CB option.

All of these are more pressing than CM right now.

• Like 1

He's a good player and captain of the US of A right?

Just sullied by association with Leeds, I guess that's the Jesse Marsch connection...

He can play right-side so perhaps but maybe he was a just in case Tielemans didn't sign?

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Smartass.

I clearly mean we are sorted in midfield for the moment. We also don't have unlimited funds. We desperately need talented attackers/wingers, a backup striker, and competition for both full-backs. We also need an adequate deputy goalkeeper and probably a CB option.

All of these are more pressing than CM right now.

But all those are likely in motion, just not close to completion.  Adams sounds like it is, so we're hearing about it now.

Still waiting for us to bring in an actual upgrade to the existing starting eleven and not just another bench warmer.

May as well have saved the transfer fee and just kept Nakamba around if were looking for this type of player.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Confused 2

Â