Tyler Adams

Wes

To me this seems smart opportunism. We can get a young talented player with a high ceiling and a discount rate. If we have 3 clubs interested in Dendonker and he's keen to move to play more games this seems smart to me. 

I have a feeling JJ might be playing as a 10 a bit more. Dropping off the CF into the hole laying off pass and then running into the box. 

• Like 2

The most I’m hoping we pay is around £20mill. I don’t mind him as a player and I think he would be good depth for us, a lot has been said about having a favourable attitude as well so I can see Emery being keen. He’ll be interesting to watch how well he develops with us.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

To me this seems smart opportunism. We can get a young talented player with a high ceiling and a discount rate. If we have 3 clubs interested in Dendonker and he's keen to move to play more games this seems smart to me. 

I have a feeling JJ might be playing as a 10 a bit more. Dropping off the CF into the hole laying off pass and then running into the box. 

Would be disastrous if JJ was used more as a 10. Alongside his ability to score goals his most valuable trait is his ball-carrying ability over long distances.  He is perfect went utilised as a B2B player, not a 10.

This was initially broken by MLSTransfers on Twitter around last week, who clearly seem to know someone close to Adams as they broke his transfer to Leeds, too. He has a relegation release clause.

You know.....not so long back when we were interested in a player like this with no real obvious evidence to the layman (us) that he is any good it was a red flag.

Now not so much because we don't have laymen running our recruitment anymore.

Just sit back and enjoy guys we don't have to overthink anymore :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure why we would be interested in Adams, when I watched him for Leeds he’s no better than Dendoncker.

He would have better upside than Dendoncker right now, I like Dendoncker but I would think we are trying to cash in on him while we can get a decent fee for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange, whenever I saw him he was their best player. Leeds fans think the same. 

To be fair that wasn’t hard in that Leeds team during some of those games when they were awful.  I think Dendoncker has been really good in some of our games when Kamara as out and having watched both I think Dendoncker was better but even he is back up to our regular midfield.  Adams would struggle to get close to our midfield.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He would have better upside than Dendoncker right now, I like Dendoncker but I would think we are trying to cash in on him while we can get a decent fee for him. 

and given the interest in Adams he won’t go cheap either.  I just don’t see a material net benefit of selling Dendoncker and buying Adams.  I think both financially and quality we would be in slight deficit.

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure why we would be interested in Adams, when I watched him for Leeds he’s no better than Dendoncker.

passing etc is prob on par, but Adams is far....far....far more athletic and agressive.

Not saying Donk isnt a good squad player, he is, but Adams is a similar level of technical ability, but with aggression and athletesism.

Not as tall or good in the air as Donk tho........Adams is prob only 0.8 Elphicks tall......

I would guess Adams might cost about 0.75 to 1 Chukwuemeka.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

and given the interest in Adams he won’t go cheap either.  I just don’t see a material net benefit of selling Dendoncker and buying Adams.  I think both financially and quality we would be in slight deficit.

Because one is a good player and the other one is awful! 

I guess it’s all about opinions but i will be amazed if we don’t sell Dendonker. Yes he comes in and does a job now and then but surely that’s the bare minimum a Premier League player should do. Such an awkward immobile player. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, nick76 said:

He has a relegation clause in his contract I don’t think he’ll be more than £20 mill tops in my opinion, anything more than that early 20 range then I’d definitely agree. However if we are getting rid of Sanson, Nakamba and Dendoncker then we could be able net around £15 mill for those three who (minus Dendoncker) aren’t likely to play at all. Plus Adams provides some versatility for us. 

Â