Tyler Adams

Wes

Villa will need bodies in that midfield, it's a long season and now with extra games.

Still a question perhaps over Kamara and whether he can last an entire season.

Tyler Adams is a more mobile version of Dendoncker, it's a good move for Villa.

I think would be a really good pick up. 

Commented in the transfer thread but if there’s an American to transfer in (Balogun aside), it’s Adams that has the highest ceiling and the lowest floor. 

Reads the opponent well, engine, has that ability to win back the ball and duels when he doesn’t seem to have the right, and not one to shirk responsibility.

Played every minute for the USA in the World Cup and Leeds midfield and defense were eviscerated when he went out injured. 

Questions about his ability to progress the ball and vision with his pass but he’s only worked under Red Bull press and punt types.

Under Unai’s tutelage, I think a very shrewd signing if Unai can work on his less developed parts of the game. 

Also has the athleticism to play RB if needed. 

• Like 1

I remember being quite impressed when I watched him against England at the world cup.

Adams in - Dendoncker, Sanson and Nakamba out.

Adams is a good rotation option for Kamara, or an option for certain away games to have Adams next to Kamara, with Luiz just in front and McGinn and JJ as the wide/inverted players behind Watkins.

I’ve probably mentioned this before but Adams is a good player. Leeds best player by a mile last season. 

But. How many central midfielders do we need? You’d have to assume that one was leaving if we were to sign him. And that’s even if we switch to a 4-3-3.

A part of me really enjoys the thought of us just signing players that people are initially writing off as "lazy links" because it's funny.

Evans mugging off VT one transfer at a time.

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve probably mentioned this before but Adams is a good player. Leeds best player by a mile last season. 

But. How many central midfielders do we need? You’d have to assume that one was leaving if we were to sign him. And that’s even if we switch to a 4-3-3.

with Ramsey and McGinn operating in wider areas, we have Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and potentially Adams. So, 4 if Donck, Sanson and Nakamba leave and Tim goes on loan again.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

with Ramsey and McGinn operating in wider areas, we have Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and potentially Adams. So, 4 if Donck, Sanson and Nakamba leave and Tim goes on loan again.

But surely we are buying in the wider areas so I’m not convinced by this argument.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Emery wants 4 for the double pivot (Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Adams)

Just now, duke313 said:

Not convinced by what?

That McGinn and Ramsey will be detailed for the wide areas, at best if we do buy in the attacking areas then those two will be competing for one position, along with Buendia and then also competing with Kamara, Luiz and Tielemans for the other positions.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Leeds were doomed as soon as he got injured. They never recovered with McKennie and Roca not being mobile enough and Forshaw is a championship player at best.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That McGinn and Ramsey will be detailed for the wide areas, at best if we do buy in the attacking areas then those two will be competing for one position, along with Buendia and then also competing with Kamara, Luiz and Tielemans for the other positions.

But that's where they've played up until this point, with McGinn covering in the pivot because of injuries.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we are gearing up to aim to go long in all four competitions. After watching Luiz and Kamara go toe to toe with MacAllister and Caicedo on last day of season I'm not sure anyone can be putting that kind of running/performance in twice a week with out a serious drop off in levels. I think Unai meant it when he said he wants two good players for every position. I think he seems Adams athleticism as more suited to modern game than Dendonker. 

Whats maybe a bit surprising if Adams does come in is McGinn not being seen as an able fill in for Kamara or Luiz when they are in need of a rest. He did an excellent job last season when Kamara was out and was MOTM in one of two of the games i think. Suggests Emery wants him further forward which is fine, but he'll need to add more goals and assists I think. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

Â