Missing Submersible

chrisp65

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Looking forward to the office tomorrow so I can sit next to a group of middle aged admin staff, that happen to qualified maritime engineers and hold a licence in underwater exploration and rescue.

Have they found them yet? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Some of the memes I have seen for this tragic story are terrible, some people have sunk to a new low depth. 

Even worse than that, some of them are truely bathysmal

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Some of the memes I have seen for this tragic story are terrible, some people have sunk to a new low depth. 

Yeah, Twitter must be a dive right now. 

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Why was the loss of signal not escalated to the coastguard for several hours?

I don't think losing signal is a huge red flag for these guys. They had a previous descent where a journalist was on the mother ship and lost contact for over 2 hours. The ship's crew's response was to turn off the ship's WiFi. 

Given that Titan apparently has no navigation tools onboard and relies on text messages to and from the mother ship to navigate (which apparently are slow and spotty), you can see how cavilier the attitude towards safety was.

4 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I don't think losing signal is a huge red flag for these guys. They had a previous descent where a journalist was on the mother ship and lost contact for over 2 hours. The ship's crew's response was to turn off the ship's WiFi. 

Given that Titan apparently has no navigation tools onboard and relies on text messages to and from the mother ship to navigate (which apparently are slow and spotty), you can see how cavilier the attitude towards safety was.

That's pretty bad

Vauxhall-Cavalier-Mk-III-CC.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yeah dead. Presume it must have been an explosion and they've been dead for days then

not gonna make much of a movie then. can imagine scripts being chucked in the bin as we speak

but RIP...at least it was probably quick

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not gonna make much of a movie then. can imagine scripts being chucked in the bin as we speak

but RIP...at least it was probably quick

No worries. “Inspired by true events” it is then…

Â