Pau Torres

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Emery said "Pau is progressing well, he starting training with us & (was) ready to play, but he stopped again & now we are being careful..” so hopefully not too serious

Hopefully we’re just saving him for the demolition of Newcastle… 🤞

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pau sounds more cautionary than anything. Let’s hope it’s nothing major. 

Yeah the word setback is made up by villa report. Yes, it probably was if he was training with the group then taken back out the group, but that isn't a word Emery used.

Being careful suggests they learnt from the previous rushing him back to soon to me.

Annoying that he won't be back seemingly for a lt least a couple of weeks more though.

If we are Spuds, media would be saying this is a massive injury crisis. It doesnt feel like an injury crisis, but the fact players can come back, and being out again, thats the most frustratiing it leaves the team less to plan for.

With all these I am lowering my expectation for the rest of the season. (just to control my emotion)

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

FFS. What is the injury even?

A weight bearing sprained joint is always iffy. Even a grade 1 sprain can take a couple weeks for recovery.  

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

A weight bearing sprained joint is always iffy. Even a grade 1 sprain can take a couple weeks for recovery.  

Good grief. Not the Grealish weight bearing injuries. He might never come back.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

If we are Spuds, media would be saying this is a massive injury crisis. It doesnt feel like an injury crisis, but the fact players can come back, and being out again, thats the most frustratiing it leaves the team less to plan for.

With all these I am lowering my expectation for the rest of the season. (just to control my emotion)

If this was the London or Manchester clubs there would be a positive spin of fighting against the odds. The media are hoping this happens but will bury our injury news away - unless it is to support a shite (former player) manager who is close to the sack via poor performances 🤣

why on earth did we play him against Burnley if there was any doubts.

I tell you what, we have had numerous silly injury related decisions over the last few years, i dont trust our medical team at all tbh.

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good grief. Not the Grealish weight bearing injuries. He might never come back.

I didn't know that Pau had shins made of celery?

This is bad. 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Terrible news. We've gone to shit since he's been out (relatively speaking) also we've played like one game in a month!

Totally agree, he brings alot to the team, foward and defensively, huge miss.

Â