Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Having him here will kick Konsa on to another level as well I think.

Ezri has the ability to carry the ball like Torres, but it's just not how you're brought up to play as a defender.

They can learn from each other actually. Konsa isn't a huge guy like Mings or Carlos but very rarely gets bullied.

He was drawn to the ball after Dignes lost his man and that allowed a free header, this gave the Burnley player the space and time to turn. 

This defense has 2 games experience of playing together,  1 1/2 if you include Olsen in that equation, once Moreno is fit it will change again. Its a work in progress..

From what i have seen, Konsa, Carlos and Torres have a big future together and we are very lucky to have them with Mings getting injured. Torres passes are a massive benefit to us, when teams use a high press they get drawn out,  once the movement up front starts to learn where to run for his passes we will see those benefits. 

Give them half a season together. 

Its important to remember Pau has held his own against Barcelona/Real Madrid for years - he didn't suddenly get bad at defending after joining the PL

the defence works as a unit and requires trust and confidence and the players are building that. there will be bumps and moments of hesitation like we saw against burnley

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Folski said:

Don’t think we looked the same team since he went off. His passing out of the back is a joy to watch.

His passing is great but its also super laid back. Its like having Berbatov popping passes about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Coming to Villa gets you in the Spain (Pau), Brazil (Coutinho, Dougie, Wes !), France (Kamara) and Argentina (Martinez) squads.

What a time to be alive

Whilst technically true, I don't think we can claim any of the Brazil, France, or Spain ones. 

Dougie hasn't been picked for a while now, and the others already had their appearances before us. Kamara even made 3 appearances before joining us but none since. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Whilst technically true, I don't think we can claim any of the Brazil, France, or Spain ones. 

Dougie hasn't been picked for a while now, and the others already had their appearances before us. Kamara even made 3 appearances before joining us but none since. 

Too late, I've claimed them

Fantastic article with Pau in the Times today. From reading it, you can really see why Unai loves him. He comes across as a really thoughtful and intelligent young man. It seems that he is almost as obsessed as Unai when it comes to analysing his own performances. He seems to have real integrity too. I suspect he will go on to captain us at some stage. Fantastic signing for us.

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

I hope fans aren't going to turn on him so early on ffs.

Pathetic if they do, unfortunate that he’s been thrown in at the deep end due to injuries and now with Carlos injured unsettling thing further.

• Like 2

That was a bad half, Nunez has him on toast 

the mistake for the corner is what it is, we shouldn't do it as a team, he had Digne on with a difficult pass and that's about it, it's passing for passings sake when martinez should just launch it, Nunez read it perfectly

More concerning was the two runs Nunez left him for dead, the 2nd goal is worse (the hitting the bar I have sympathy because the offside rule is broken)

Â