Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Is it just me that found it interesting he had been told about the season ticket waiting list and stadium expansion? To me, that says we are selling the vision to grow into a really exciting club for players within a few years. Hopefully that breeds a mindset of improving us into the club you dream of playing for rather than stopping off with your next move already in mind.

On 11/07/2023 at 22:32, tomav84 said:

so new signing interview bingo:

reuniting with unai emery

villa park/training ground

fans

his playing style

what have i missed?

On 12/07/2023 at 05:54, villan-scott said:

‘The Project and ambition of the club’

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Where do I claim my bingo prize? 😂 first answer - the project! ❤️

11 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just watched his interview and I have one question. What is the Spanish word for "Gaffer"?

I don't think it's a direct translation - Pau seems to say "mister"; maybe it's a Spanish slang thing.  Not sure.

At the 1 minute mark(ish), he's asked whether he's spoken to Unai and what has Unai said and he starts "Si, con le mister"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think it's a direct translation - Pau seems to say "mister"; maybe it's a Spanish slang thing.  Not sure.

At the 1 minute mark(ish), he's asked whether he's spoken to Unai and what has Unai said and he starts "Si, con le mister"

I just love the idea of our Rolls Royce International players calling Emery "Gaffer".

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was thinking more a Batman fight scene 

Haha, that was what I was picturing as well. The old style Adam West Batman Ker-Pow fight bubbles, as per about 11-12 seconds in on the youtube clip below. 😂

Batman Fight Scene

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Interesting that the back of his jersey says Pau rather than Torres. Does that pave the way for Ferran to join too?

Just checked and he had Pau on his shirt at Villareal as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, allani said:

I know it is only a small detail - but I love the fact that the whole interview was done in Spanish rather than having the questions asked in English with a translator.  Just makes it easier for the player and is a good way to make him feel more comfortable in his first official "job" as a Villa employee.  Hopefully a sign that we are a bit better prepared for helping players settle into England, Birmingham and the club.  Obviously, there is a pretty big Spanish network at the club now (and am not sure how well they all speak English) so maybe this is the exception rather than the rule?  But I suspect that the off-field staff are much more aware of the challenges coming to a new country and so are in a better position to ensure that the right support is available to all players.  It is easy to forget just how much stuff you need to do when moving to a new country and so having someone available to help with that (especially if English isn't your first language and you are not familiar with "obvious" things that you need to do) can go a long way to helping players (and also their wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, etc) settle quickly.

IIRC we were one of the first (if not the first) PL clubs to appoint a player liaison officer to help with that. Think it was in the Little/Gregory years?

Listening to the end of the interview it just made me think of how much players must want to win things and would probably not think ‘it’s only the conference league’.   I reckon the fact we have a really good chance of winning it is a good pull for incoming players.  (Along with the wages of course).

Â