Youri Tielemans

thejoker

If he got a good offer I’d sell him. He’s been a good signing generally, and we need a squad depth, but he’s better more advanced, so with Buendia back, Rogers, Ramsey and even McGinn I think we have a good depth there. But if we got a more proper CM or DCM, I think it’s what’s we need especially with Kamara not featuring for a while. 
It’s not that we don’t need him, it will be a tough season to maintain what we’ve done this season and most likely play in a tougher European competition wether it was CL or Europa. But if he could generate some amount I won’t be against that. 
For now hopefully he continues helping us on our goals, and then wether he stays or go I think both will be good for the club a way or another.

He looked much better second half but still looks like he’s running through treacle. Is he overweight? Why does he look so laboured?

Fair play for running back to dispossess Kudus, that must have killed him. He then threads an excellent through ball to Diaby for the goal too.

Edited by maltesemike

Capable of the sublime and the baffling. He’s got a lot of talent. It’s a difficult one. Perhaps it’s a case of finding his position as in the circumstances we are needing to rotate his position. 

• Like 1

He's an important member of the squad though and I thought was really good second half in a deeper position.  Need to keep and build strength in depth if we are going.to.compete for trophies. 

• Like 1

Youri can sometimes seem almost like a luxury we can't afford, especially playing in a less attacking role. His lack of pace is really evident at moments in games. I would be tempted to play young Tim, who would maybe provide that ballast which we look short of in the absence of Kamara and McGinn.

His best quality is the quick through balls which can be devastating. And of course his long range shooting which we don't see as much.

Tielemans is the kind of player that feeds off the team. When we're in control and playing attacking football he's a force multiplier. When we're struggling to control a game and under the cosh a bit, the complete opposite.
I'm a fan, but he shouldn't play every game or every situation.

14 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If he got a good offer I’d sell him. He’s been a good signing generally, and we need a squad depth, but he’s better more advanced, so with Buendia back, Rogers, Ramsey and even McGinn I think we have a good depth there. But if we got a more proper CM or DCM, I think it’s what’s we need especially with Kamara not featuring for a while. 
It’s not that we don’t need him, it will be a tough season to maintain what we’ve done this season and most likely play in a tougher European competition wether it was CL or Europa. But if he could generate some amount I won’t be against that. 
For now hopefully he continues helping us on our goals, and then wether he stays or go I think both will be good for the club a way or another.

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Capable of the sublime and the baffling. He’s got a lot of talent. It’s a difficult one. Perhaps it’s a case of finding his position as in the circumstances we are needing to rotate his position. 

Borderline a " luxury " player at times, however I do get some of the points.

Yes, very good player, capable on his day, but would/could his wages be better placed in a more dynamic player who can give us more all round and long term?

Maybe...

In fairness though, there are time she has looked very energetic, but he seems one who needs a number of games to really get up to speed, and needs to be played in a certain area or just nowhere near as effective.

You could probably actually get a decent transfer fee for him too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 18/03/2024 at 03:42, abdulaziz1 said:

I would also sell if we got a good offer, he costs an awful lot on wages no to be an automatic first choice

On 18/03/2024 at 02:51, Ponky said:

There was one passage in the second half yesterday where Tielemans was pondering on the ball too long on the edge of our box and was tamely dispossessed, then sprinted down the other end and retrieved the ball brilliantly near the edge of their box.

Pretty much sums up his game - equal parts sublime and ridiculous 

That sprint and dispossess is why I think many on here are wrong to jump on the 'he plays like an old man' bandwagon. He has limitations sure but he's not that bad physically. He's shown plenty of fight for us IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

How is he playing?

Played first half,  not in the game tbh, not finding space but doing the simple things OK. 6 out 10 for me.bur Belgium aren't playing well so that don't help.

• Like 1

Â