Youri Tielemans

thejoker

On 08/03/2024 at 21:34, gwi1890 said:

We didn’t sign him just to flip him over for profit in a year …

I know that wasn't the plan when we signed him, but for multiple reasons is starting to look like the best option if its possible

I'd let him go if we get a bid of over 10m

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chips'ngravy said:

Whilst it wasn't a great ball from Konsa, if that had been Luiz then I don't think we'd be talking about having conceded from the incident. Tielemans is static whenever he receives the ball rather than playing on the half turn. Not pinning it entirely on him but he certainly could've done better.

I think he could have done better, but the large proportion of the blame is on Konsa.

Re; Luiz, he conceded possession just as easy twice in dangerous positions in the second half which could have easily resulted in goals. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He had many poor performances since joining. Has been a poor signing for his wages

I’m afraid I’m coming round to this.

Wanted to really like him as I think he’s a terrific footballer, but the bloke just looks burnt out. Doesn’t look like he has the legs for this level. 

I find him a really strange player tbh. 

• Like 1

As soon as he has his next good game this thread will be full of posts saying what an amazing signing he was especially on a free trasfer and pointing out that he, Luiz, Kamara, and Ramsey, cost just £15m

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, useless said:

As soon as he has his next good game this thread will be full of posts saying what an amazing signing he was especially on a free trasfer and pointing out that he, Luiz, Kamara, and Ramsey, cost just £15m

Question will be when that next good performance will be!

Thought he was great in the CM-role, at the beginning of the season I thought he and Luiz would be first choice as CM. Thought he and Luiz dominated the midfield the whole second half and the first 15 of the first half, and that against a very physical side. The 30 mins in the first where WH was better was more due to Lenglet and others being sloppy with the passing and the front four not showing up for passes enough.

His passing is the same class as Luiz, it's like having two Luiz in the middle. His forward pass for our goal was top class. He also showed some good defensive skills tracking back, like the WH counter in extra time. Very promising. He looks up to speed now and playing like this he could be ahead of Kamara as CM.

• Like 2

I’m normally one of his biggest critics, but didn’t think he was that bad today.  Seemed to learn second half he can half turn into space, a bit wasteful sometimes but mainly when it’s slow, always better when we are playing it quick through him.  But that bit when he lost it to kudos from a corner then busted a gut to recover - fair Play, was screaming at him, didn’t think he had that in him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thought he was great in the CM-role, at the beginning of the season I thought he and Luiz would be first choice as CM. Thought he and Luiz dominated the midfield the whole second half and the first 15 of the first half, and that against a very physical side. The 30 mins in the first where WH was better was more due to Lenglet and others being sloppy with the passing and the front four not showing up for passes enough.

His passing is the same class as Luiz, it's like having two Luiz in the middle. His forward pass for our goal was top class. He also showed some good defensive skills tracking back, like the WH counter in extra time. Very promising. He looks up to speed now and playing like this he could be ahead of Kamara as CM.

For balance, he also needlessly gave the ball away on a good few occasions which directly led to chances for West Ham. He'll have to do a job in the short term to cover injuries and suspensions but he's far from a regular prem central midfielder.

He's too slow generally. Loses concentration too often and just doesn't seem to work hard enough.... but he'll do for the time being.

Sometimes like he looks like a prime Essien rattling about everywhere and sometimes he looks like a 34 Rooney at Derby and that's within 20 minutes or from one game to the next.

He's the strangest player I've ever seen in my life.

Did well.

• Haha 1

When we had control, he made some nice passes. I reckon he could have had an assist when he found Cash and he burst through, he just went for the cutback instead of shooting.

I thought he was a bit of a liability. Sure, he could pass it about when we had possession but didn't do anything remarkable and got caught in possession twice leading to West Ham breaks. 

He's a decent player but I'll be happy when he's not in the pivot. 

It helped that Moyes took Antonio off and completely gave us the initiative, allowing Tielemans as much time on the ball as he wanted.  He will blame VAR but he gifted us a draw there.  It was a great pass to Diaby for his assist, proper eye of the needle stuff.

10 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

For balance, he also needlessly gave the ball away on a good few occasions which directly led to chances for West Ham. He'll have to do a job in the short term to cover injuries and suspensions but he's far from a regular prem central midfielder.

He's too slow generally. Loses concentration too often and just doesn't seem to work hard enough.... but he'll do for the time being.

Unfortunately, this is much more accurate.

He worries and frustrates me in that position… too easily caught out, sloppy or loose in possession, far too slow and error prone… why is he so knackered so often?

26 but plays like 36 🤦‍♂️

Unai found the best role for him but he’s having to be moved from there with the squad as depleted as it is… I want him to surprise and prove me wrong… but I’ve had my concerns since the start of the season and he was costing us (him and Dendoncker vs Everton in League Cup were absolutely atrocious too) until he was moved forward… where he was surprisingly brilliant at times…

it’s a tricky situation… Tim stepping up would be ideal but does he have it in him? Not a minute against West Ham…

Edited by Jas10

There was one passage in the second half yesterday where Tielemans was pondering on the ball too long on the edge of our box and was tamely dispossessed, then sprinted down the other end and retrieved the ball brilliantly near the edge of their box.

Pretty much sums up his game - equal parts sublime and ridiculous 

• Like 1

Â