Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Mixed bag, but to be fair he's not played a lot has he? Some great glimpses of his vision and execution and some moments of outright weirdness. He needs less defensive responsibility than playing in the kamara role but he's no 10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

An essential part of today's success. Neither the most or least important player. I love to imagine a Villa world where that would be good enough for a new player here. I hope he's pleased. He deserves to be.

Player of his stature needs to be a starter or it will be natural for him to move on.

There is no way he is happy with his current situation

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's a nice "problem" for us to have -- talented midfielders who have to fight for a spot.

giphy.gif

For now.

Can't see any other outcome than him leaving if he isn't playing regular football though.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

I'm also of the opinion he was quite sloppy. He lost the ball several times in dangerous areas. He looks laborious and I'm not sure if this is by style or his level of fitness. 

He needs time though I don't think players can ever give their full potential without sufficient game time. He's obviously a good player, I just have niggling concerns in the back of my head based on what Leicester fans have said and they he started his career so early. 

Would be good to see him start in Poland next week. 

Didn’t think he done anything to suggest he should start games, overall was sloppy and frustrating - but he does have that pass in his locker, I think he needs to play quicker and him and Emi B would be on the same wave length more than any of our players, just can’t see him ahead of Dougie (who was clearly MotM, bouba , SJM or  JJ.

Europe and cups he prob starts, and then need to play his way in - less talk more action,

His passing ability through the lines is exceptional, no question. He’s probably better than both Kamara and Luiz at that aspect of the game.

Physically however, he looks miles off it. Great players can be slow - see Gareth Barry, Paul Scholes etc. but they’re never slow on the ball. Tielemans looks like he’ll be dispossessed a lot when hustled and harried. Something you rarely see with Kamara and Luiz. I’m hoping it’s just a fitness thing but there were plenty of similar comments by Leicester fans when we signed him. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He can pick a pass thats for sure. That ball to watkins was sensational. I cant remember  a pass like that from centre of the park for a while

It was Buendia esque.

Crucially he saw the pattern early cos he was demanding the ball to be played to him from the wing and knew immediately what he was going to do with it once he received it. 

Think he is a really intelligent footballer - just needs a few starts/ 90 minutes to get up to speed  physically 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Player of his stature needs to be a starter or it will be natural for him to move on.

There is no way he is happy with his current situation

And it's his job to force Emery's hand in terms of changing the system. 

I would also hope a large part of our pitch to him was highlighting the fact one of the best ways to extend a players career is to not be starting 50 games a season. Given he plays pretty much every game for Belgium starting a more reasonable 30-35 with us will help him extend his career into his 30s. He'll certainly get more time as the season progresses as we have to rotate or players pick up suspensions. 

In the system we played today he'd have been very effective in the role mcginn was playing for instance so it isn't just a case of him having to displace Dougie which only rodri would do in world football atm. 

Â