Youri Tielemans

thejoker

IF we can get Tielemans back "in the groove" then this could be an excellent signing.  I'm slightly worried about alleged commitment issues - but in Emery I trust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allani said:

IF we can get Tielemans back "in the groove" then this could be an excellent signing.  I'm slightly worried about alleged commitment issues - but in Emery I trust.

Emery got our entire squad back in the groove. 

Even good players can look shit in shit teams. He’s a very good player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

We need depth, but I worry about his commitment. He looked so disinterested in Leicester this season, though who knows what was going on in the background given how poor Leicester were. 

He reflected his manager. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Emery got our entire squad back in the groove. 

Even good players can look shit in shit teams. He’s a very good player

Not doubting his ability.  But his apparent lack of commitment / disinterest is a concern.  Hard to tell from the outside how accurate that view is and (if so) what may have happened behind the scenes to cause it.  But if we get the player of 2 years back - it has the potential to be a great signing.  If we get the player of 2 months ago - less so.

Fingers crossed!

I must admit being a little indifferent regarding Tielemans, just because of his recent form.

Yet it makes so much sense, an experienced body in the midfield. 58 caps for a top national team, five years PL experience.

Luiz    Kamara   McGinn    Ramsey   Dendoncker    Tielemans    Iroegbunam 

Sell Nakamba and Sanson.

We have a very good midfield for the season, Cup competitions etc.

31 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Villa really are trying their hardest to create a top midfield with as little money as possible: Kamara + Luiz + Ramsey + Tielemans + McGinn for £17.5m!

We needed a midfielder given that Sanson and Nakamba were leaving this summer. 

sssshhhhhhhh don't broadcast that they only cost £17.5m, Tottenham will be on the phone offering us Onamoah + 6 million quid for our entire midfield 

• Haha 3

If Emery called him personally, I'm pretty sure he would have sized up his personality. This will be really good, I can feel it.

I'm still a bit hesitant until we see him at VP. It's still at agent stage until he does the pen-paper thing.

21 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He could be a straight swap for Young on the wage bill, guessing they're on similar money. 

That’s highly unlikely.  Ash signed a one year deal with us at the age of 37 to be a utility player.  Tielemans is coming in as a guy in his prime with no shortage of offers.  One would have been amongst the lowest earning players in the first team squad, the other will be towards the top.  

• Like 2

just reading the Leicester forum.

The general consensus is that he has been poor and not made the effort over the last 1-2 years.

However, if we get the Tielemans from prior to that, it would be amazing signing, if we get recent Tielemens, we wont be happy with what we see on the pitch in terms of effort and commitment.

I guess we have to trust Emery to get the best out of him.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

just reading the Leicester forum.

The general consensus is that he has been poor and not made the effort over the last 1-2 years.

However, if we get the Tielemans from prior to that, it would be amazing signing, if we get recent Tielemens, we wont be happy with what we see on the pitch in terms of effort and commitment.

I guess we have to trust Emery to get the best out of him.

He was their POTS last year I’m sure I read. so I think it’s just been this year he’s been below par. 
yep, in Emery we trust :) 

Â