Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Spurs are so limited. It's just  a front 3 of pure pace where the tactic is for the wide forward to get a yard and to put it across the box for the opposite wide forward to tap in at the back post, which with Werner and Brennan Johnson is annoyingly successful considering how limited they are as footballers. A bionic man CB to breeze past he opposition breakaways covering up how shit they are defensively (convinced he's not a got good defender) and enough athletes across the pitch to press the opposition into submission. Saying that, that style vrs Chelsea would make it very 50/50, both sides will go for it, it will be mayhem and basically be who takes their chances imo. 

Edited by villanmac

37 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My Wrestling hero. And also what we should call Unai Emery if he somehow traverses this season and achieves 4th place.

Mine too, was always my favourite.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Some fans complaining about us yesterday but you only have to see other teams up the top end and who have played in Europe this season showing how tired they have looked this weekend including both Arsenal and City and have looked a shadow of themselves just like we did.  We just have to get through the next three games with a couple of good results and hopefully that’s enough for CL place.

What’s Spurs’ excuse? 😜😆

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

1-7 or 1.14. Very strong favourites.

Funny ... I put it into my odds calculator and it came back at 1 : 7.5 ... this assumes a vig of 95%. This means for every 100 thousand that is bet on Villa 19 thousand is bet on Spurs

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think anyone worried that Liverpool may have one toe on the beach when they play Spurs next week need to factor in that if that is the case by the time they play us the following week they'll have sun creamed up, be lying on their towel, head phones in and fast asleep. Bottom line is though Liverpool at Anfield is a far tougher game than playing them at home.

Overall this has been a great weekend for us. We gained a point on Spurs, Chelsea got a point keeping them well in the hunt for 6th place with Spurs up next, Arsenal won to ensure that Man City will almost certainly still need to get something when they play Spurs, Brighton who we play next got trounced meaning they have no wins in 6 including 4 defeats and Burnley got a point meaning they'll almost certainly still be fighting for survival when they play Spurs. 

I am sure not one of us would swap places with Spurs but every single one of their supporters would swap places with us. We have put ourselves in a great position. 

One other element for Liverpool / Spurs is how Spurs won the away game with dodgy VAR night, motivate Liverpool to even the score ..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

1-7 or 1.14. Very strong favourites.

cool, exactly like the 5th CL spot being 90%+ sure to go the the PL, which defo happene......

oh wait.

😬

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Betfair sports book currently offering 200/1 on United finishing in the top 4, despite being 13 points behind with four to play. Even Fergie would struggle to do that.

That's pretty clever from Betfsir. Some United fans who can't count might still fall for it and hand them over some money.

8 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Betfair sports book currently offering 200/1 on United finishing in the top 4, despite being 13 points behind with four to play. Even Fergie would struggle to do that.

They are expecting Dianne Abbot to do ManYoo points for the PL last 4 games.  Twelvety for a win.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

That's pretty clever from Betfsir. Some United fans who can't count might still fall for it and hand them over some money.

Goldstein is putting a pony on it now

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Spurs are so limited. It's just  a front 3 of pure pace where the tactic is for the wide forward to get a yard and to put it across the box for the opposite wide forward to tap in at the back post, which with Werner and Brennan Johnson is annoyingly successful considering how limited they are as footballers. A bionic man CB to breeze past he opposition breakaways covering up how shit they are defensively (convinced he's not a got good defender) and enough athletes across the pitch to press the opposition into submission. Saying that, that style vrs Chelsea would make it very 50/50, both sides will go for it, it will be mayhem and basically be who takes their chances imo. 

I don’t see the spuds beating Chelsea - I think ( and hope this is a draw at worst ) We are inching ever so close to that 4th spot 🤞

50 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think anyone worried that Liverpool may have one toe on the beach when they play Spurs next week need to factor in that if that is the case by the time they play us the following week they'll have sun creamed up, be lying on their towel, head phones in and fast asleep. Bottom line is though Liverpool at Anfield is a far tougher game than playing them at home.

Overall this has been a great weekend for us. We gained a point on Spurs, Chelsea got a point keeping them well in the hunt for 6th place with Spurs up next, Arsenal won to ensure that Man City will almost certainly still need to get something when they play Spurs, Brighton who we play next got trounced meaning they have no wins in 6 including 4 defeats and Burnley got a point meaning they'll almost certainly still be fighting for survival when they play Spurs. 

I am sure not one of us would swap places with Spurs but every single one of their supporters would swap places with us. We have put ourselves in a great position. 

add Burnley to that as well, a point closer to staying up meaning that their game against spurs really means something

It’s in our hands and we have Brighton, Liverpool and Palace to play. 

They have Chelsea, City, Liverpool Burnley and Sheffield United to play. 

I reckon they will get 8 points from those games. So we just need one win or 2 draws right ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Maddison has really gone downhill since his injury, wouldn't shock me if they benched him soon like they did with Bissouma today. Werner also turned out exactly like he was at Chelsea.

Their best bet for the run in is to bring back Richarlison as their best form has come with him as CF, move Son back to the left and have Kuluveski as the number 10 or bring in another CM.

49 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Blues fans*

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you still don’t think we will finish 4th you can get 5-1 on Spurs now. I’d be all over that if I didn’t believe. 

Got a security bet on this today. Financially it would probably be better for my family for Spurs to pip us at this point ;)