Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

That Arsenal win was massive, I’m already nervous right now, let alone us not winning that. I’m not sure how we’ll approach Bournemouth game. After Lille we’ll need some rotation. Carlos? Or keep him for Chelsea? Then you’ve got Tim, Duran. Who else? Not sure. 
Rogers, Diaby and Bailey didn’t have full matches. Not sure what happened with Zaniolo. 
Not much to choose from to be honest. Shall we start Watkins? It’s getting too much for him. 
Tough game coming in our race, hopefully we win it. 

• Like 3

It's been said before by others but I don't think 4 points from next two is a bad outcome. If after 120 minutes last night we get a draw Vs Bournemouth but next week beat Chelsea I still think we'd be on course. 

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Every result matters,
For all English clubs toooo,
We calculate the outcomes,
Points for a win are twooo!
We’re Coefficient FC,
Divide points by our cluuuubs,
Fag packet calculations,
While boozing in the puuuubs,
Allez Allez Allez!
Allez Allez Allez…

This is fantastic.

• Thanks 1

Tough draw for Leverkusen. If I was a betting man, I’d say PSG and Real could win all 4 matches against the German clubs. Leverkusen are solid but you never know.

The coefficient is alive god damn it!

I still subscribe to the belief that we’ll be 5th come the UECL final and we’ll need to win it to get into the CL. It’s just too perfect not to happen. 

• Like 1

It's in our own hands to get fourth and we will have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't get it.

But it's just annoying the safety net of 5th has been taken away.  Even worse, England finished top of the co-efficient in 22/23, 21/22 and 20/21, but they all decide to bottle it when it would benefit us.  Shower of words removed.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Are we going to single handedly drag Spurs into the Champions League with us?

Our coefficient being low is partly due to them anyway. If they’d took the first conference league seriously England would have higher numbers. 
Was just reading an article in The Athletic, Roma winning that conference league helps Italy to be so high, high enough that if Italian sides win both lesser European tournaments this year, next year Italy will have 6 sides in Champions league 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Our coefficient being low is partly due to them anyway. If they’d took the first conference league seriously England would have higher numbers. 
Was just reading an article in The Athletic, Roma winning that conference league helps Italy to be so high, high enough that if Italian sides win both lesser European tournaments this year, next year Italy will have 6 sides in Champions league 

How can Spurs be blamed for this season co-efficient when they weren't in Europe?  The extra spot for CL was based on this season only, what Spurs did three seasons ago had no bearing.  The only way Italy can have 6 teams in CL is if one of them wins Europa and finished outside top 5.

• Like 1

Bournemouth game is absolutely everything.

120 minutes of football, players emotionally and physically tired. Bournemouth are a really decent team as well.

Win this, we are mentality monsters and get CL.

• Like 2

I don't honestly know how we will have the energy for Bournemouth. They are a good side and they are confident against us. I have a feeling we will be lucky with a point. 

We will completely run over Bournemouth. Team is up for a this - you don't win a shootout after being 2 goals down until 87 th minute and leave on a low, you leave on a massive high.

Psychologically the way we got through couldn't be better.

• Like 1