Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Came on to see if that result would have calmed people down, to find out that now people think Newcastle will finish ahead of us 😂😂

I can’t believe this website is free

Limpid should try to get the site sponsored by BetterHelp, so its many members can get 30% off on a therapy session for their untreated anxiety. 

• Like 1

Imagine if we win tomorrow. Not only would it complete the double over Arsenal, but would really put us in a great position to end the season on a high. Our form this half of the season has been relatively hit or miss though, that’s my only concern. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I dont think they’ll be looking at spurs fixture regardless of it being a derby, its a prem fixture so just like ours tomorrow it will be full on.

I’d assume everyone on here are aware they are very much in a hot battle for the title so every prem game will be full squad and no resting… i dont understand why anyone thinks there gonna take their foot off the brakes and rest key players no chance! wishful thinking though

No acknowledgement from you of the return match vs Bayern being in their thinking?

25 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Arsenal loss

Bournemouth draw (on good form) 

Chelsea draw

Brighton loss

Liverpool loss

Palace win

We have them on toast. Beaten them last 5 premier league games I think.

There was a meme I saw once involving Newcastle, Brighton and Villa. 

Newcastle beat us

Brighton beat Newcastle 

We beat Brighton 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

There's a chance 6th won't be Europa League football if Chelsea win FA Cup and England don't get the extra CL place. 

We need to win Conference League or at least stay 5th to make sure we can at least get an improvement on ECL for next season 

You are either Danny Murphy or Lee Dixon 🤣

Come on man, it really isnt thay bad. Would take an absolute monumental bottle job from us and not win another game this season to finish 6th.

• Like 1

The games.are catching up.on Liverpool. I honestly think we can beat them. Arsenal will be tough but they have to go to Munich and win and the first leg was intense. Other than that all games are winnable. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Came on to see if that result would have calmed people down, to find out that now people think Newcastle will finish ahead of us 😂😂

It's why I've kept the quote in my signature for so long. It must've been said like 12 years ago yet it's still just as true today.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Arsenal loss

Chelsea draw

Brighton loss

Liverpool loss

Palace win

Go and look at the teams they’ve played.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Doesn't mean they won't rotate.

It doesn't, but the reality is they will be well aware they need to win out the rest of the season to hold off City and Liverpool. They're going to be close to full strength tomorrow, even if they make some minor change like Kiwior for Zinchenko or Trossard for Martinelli. 

49 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Arsenal loss

Chelsea draw

Brighton loss

Liverpool loss

Palace win

If we're going on recent form them Bournemouth have lost to Luton and drawn with Sheffield United in their last six. Wouldn't mind them getting at least a draw today though.

Brighton haven't been that great recently.

If we try our best and fail that’s fine. However, in this context right now, if we throw away games and then fail to win the conference or qualify for champions league we would fully deserve that outcome.

Let’s put our best foot forward and pick our best team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

If we try our best and fail that’s fine. However, in this context right now, if we throw away games and then fail to win the conference or qualify for champions league we would fully deserve that outcome.

Let’s put our best foot forward and pick our best team. 

Or trust in Emery whatever way he decides to go in each match.  Yes, he might get things wrong sometimes but overwhelmingly he gets things right and has a track record that stands up to even the best.

43 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No acknowledgement from you of the return match vs Bayern being in their thinking?

No because BOTH matches are extremely important as of now, I wouldn’t be ignorant to it but if you think this is going to be less as important than fair enough 

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's truly incredible

• Like 1