Marco Asensio

wishywashy

Maybe he actually thought both clubs seemed interesting but he ended up choosing the more successful, glamorous, richer, higher profile, Champions League competing, metropolitan club which maybe just may be managed by his old manager Zidane next season instead of us and the interesting project.

Or maybe it's not a done deal yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

We have these every summer. 

I strongly suspect he'll go to PSG and agents have been using our name in the market. But who knows. 

Would be a very exciting signing, but more of a bonus than an expectation.

Especially the case when we have Romano and other ITKs tweeting daily updates on the transfer. Whenever we do it business there is very little news out until its practically complete. The Asensio rumours feel a bit like another Rashica situation. 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wonder if he’d give us a chance to counter though. 

Interesting that the art of negotiation may mean we never know what they offered. And just be asked to up our offer. Would we even play ball?

I think we've probably gone on with what we value him at, with other options available.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So reading all the online stuff, all we know is that Mendes spoke to us about a contract and now Mendes is talking to other clubs including PSG about a contract.  

So he’s just finding out what everybody is offering and that’s currently PSG.  Doesn’t seem any evidence of him going which direction.

PSG is the preferred destination as he left them until last, after all other proposals were in. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wonder if he’d give us a chance to counter though. 

I’m sure Mendes is playing us both off against each other regularly because that’s what they do.  Asensio probably knows by now where he wants to go but Mendes playing cool to get the best deal for him so only they know.  

Probably both PSG and us have been given hints by Mendes that he wants to join so we both think we have him as long as we squeeze that last bit of money out of us.  

We know there is no leaks Villa’s end whereas PSG will be leaks hence why they think they have got him because Mendes is hinting but he’s probably hinting to us our way, just typical negotiation tactics.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sure Mendes is playing us both off against each other regularly because that’s what they do.  Asensio probably knows by now where he wants to go but Mendes playing cool to get the best deal for him so only they know.  

Probably both PSG and us have been given hints by Mendes that he wants to join so we both think we have him as long as we squeeze that last bit of money out of us.  

We know there is no leaks Villa’s end whereas PSG will be leaks hence why they think they have got him because Mendes is hinting but he’s probably hinting to us our way, just typical negotiation tactics.

The fact that Romano has tweeted about this 3 times in one day suggests a lot of PR is coming from the PSG camp. 

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

PSG is the preferred destination as he left them until last, after all other proposals are in. 

Not necessarily, he might have made his choice to come here but just wanted to hear them out.  It could just have been scheduling issue or it could be as you say.  We also don’t know if they are last either, he may yet speak to another club and he may come back to us for second round of talks.  The season hasn’t even finished yet so it’s early days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The fact that Romano has tweeted about this 3 times in one day suggests a lot of PR is coming from the PSG camp. 

Yep leaks, could mean a number of things….from being optimistic, to putting pressure on him or think they are losing the deal.  Could be just Mendes leaking to get more money.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep leaks, could mean a number of things….from being optimistic, to putting pressure on him or think they are losing the deal.  Could be just Mendes leaking to get more money.

Yep. The fact that Romano is leaving it open about the players choice to me suggests that we’ve put serious money on the table. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Not necessarily, he might have made his choice to come here but just wanted to hear them out.  It could just have been scheduling issue or it could be as you say.  We also don’t know if they are last either, he may yet speak to another club and he may come back to us for second round of talks.  The season hasn’t even finished yet so it’s early days.

Mendez is an elite agent. No way that is just a scheduling issue. He will want all other proposals in before discussing with PSG to maximise his negotiating position. I'd be very surprised if Asensio went anywhere else at this stage and is probably a step too far for us at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

For every Felix there will be a Kamara. We showed a bit of leg, sweet talked him and then took him home and blew his back doors off. 

All whilst looking him in the eye, which makes it even more impressive.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Mendez is an elite agent. No way that is just a scheduling issue. He will want all other proposals in before discussing with PSG to maximise his negotiating position. I'd be very surprised if Asensio went anywhere else at this stage and is probably a step too far for us at the moment. 

It doesn’t work like that, you don’t make one proposal and that’s it.  He’ll have face to face several times with clubs and have many many conversations backwards and forwards.

Not saying he’ll come to us but you’re just assuming his current discussion with PSG is the final discussion.  He is an elite agent so I think there is a lot more to come yet

• Like 2

Â