Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I’d say I’m surprised that I can’t order a shirt with the UECL badge on it via the online store, but sadly I’m not.

Can't do it via the Newcastle store either (I just looked at it).

I will tell you the UECL badge and UEFA Foundation patch you can order off eBay here in the US are prime quality. Probably going to put them on an away kit when they go on sale.

Of course I still want to order a kit with the name/number UECL font we're using, even as ugly as it is.

25 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Just seen Everton are planning on going with Castore as their next manufacturer despite our issues with them 😂

Aren't Castore scousers. Perhaps they'll use a better material for Everton's kits. Like bin bags or something

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Everything about our online offering is amateur. Want to browse each of the kits in your  category? **** you, here's dozens of the same shirt, with different names on the back in a completely arbitrary order. They've even got last season's kit mixed in. You might eventually see the away or third kit .I'd be ashamed (and sacked) if my company's online shop looked like this.

Not to mention that when I go on there all the prices are in dollars for some bizarre reason. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Everything about our online offering is amateur. Want to browse each of the kits in your  category? **** you, here's dozens of the same shirt, with different names on the back in a completely arbitrary order. They've even got last season's kit mixed in. You might eventually see the away or third kit .I'd be ashamed (and sacked) if my company's online shop looked like this.

That's Fanatics for you. As bad as Castore.

I know we are all basically hate the kits, but does anyone know where the origins of the sound waves printed on the kit was? Did that come from somebody at Villa? Does anyone know who that was? I actually find it fascinating, but not necessarily on a kit, but just the idea of using voices visually like that, and I wonder if we know how to idea originated for our particular kit?

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I know we are all basically hate the kits, but does anyone know where the origins of the sound waves printed on the kit was? Did that come from somebody at Villa? Does anyone know who that was? I actually find it fascinating, but not necessarily on a kit, but just the idea of using voices visually like that, and I wonder if we know how to idea originated for our particular kit?

Sound waves of Allez Allez Allez.  No idea who thought I was a good idea.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I quite like the kit, not the sweaty part but the design has really grown on me, like it does every year. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I quite like the kit, not the sweaty part but the design has really grown on me, like it does every year. 

I always think that if we do well in a kit then the design will grow on people no matter the initial response. Obviously being made out of taped up bin bags isn't ideal though.

• Like 1

I really miss the days of a kit that would last two seasons meaning that on alternate years the new kit would be the away kit. Our last truly great kit was the 1995-97 one.

Would really like our club to be bold and say they will reinstate the 'kit every two years' thing. Would be a huge PR win. 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I really miss the days of a kit that would last two seasons meaning that on alternate years the new kit would be the away kit. Our last truly great kit was the 1995-97 one.

Would really like our club to be bold and say they will reinstate the 'kit every two years' thing. Would be a huge PR win. 

Yh, but FFP loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Our sweaty kit is now an internationally famous sweaty embarrassment!

https://video.gazzetta.it/aston-villa-la-maglia-castore-ha-un-problema-col-sudore/3ead2f85-79fd-4851-b82a-a1cdc3a38xlk

'Aston Villa - the Castore shirt has a problem with sweat' is the headline...

This is pretty bad ain’t it considering how hard we’re trying to raise our profile and commercial revenue. 

Heck must be fuming 😂

Turns out we're not the only sports team having issues with them. They can't even get the font and size correct of the word 'England' across the cricket teams World Cup shirts. Absolute amateur outfit.

• Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Turns out we're not the only sports team having issues with them. They can't even get the font and size correct of the word 'England' across the cricket teams World Cup shirts. Absolute amateur outfit.

That is ridiculous. Being associated with this brand is going to damage the reputation of teams/clubs - I imagine that’s why Heck wants out of the deal.

On 07/10/2023 at 20:28, avfc1982am said:

Aren't Castore scousers. Perhaps they'll use a better material for Everton's kits. Like bin bags or something

Everton players and their wags, sporting their new kits: 61 Trash Bags ideas | trash bags, bags, trash