Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

That's a Burnley or West Ham kit. We don't do those kind of shit random fabric patterns on a home shirt. Looks cheap in the extreme.

And the badge scenario is a farce. Realised they got a fudge that doesn't look good particularly great, bailing on it asap.

Kit it awful. Those shoulders.  Shudders.  I won't be buying one. 

Are we going into meltdown that there are no photos of Martinez in the keepers outfit? 

Having read the above comments and the official club statement about the badge made me think.

With the two options we were given for the new badge (circle or gas lamp) they mocked up how they would look on shirts, sky sports, digital media etc.

I was torn which to vote for, I preferred he gas lamp on the shirt but the circle on everything else, therefore I chose the circle.

If I'd have known that only the shirt was having the new badge for possible one season I would have voted differently.

Not that any of this really matters in the great scheme of things.

19 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

For me I just won’t buy them no matter what simply because of the price and the fact that( like all kits) they have a use by date.

AE8B34BD-E1E9-4182-933C-EB8FAB4775A3.jpeg

I know, my 4 year old cried a river when I put his shirt in the bin when the season finished. 

Fanatics design and make the kits and Castore are just the brand name attached - same with the LUKE77 ones… Think Kappa had more design input… Hope Heck gets New Balance to design and brand them in the future… 

Also thought the badge was the wrong choice and too conservative and that if permitted I’m sure Dragon Rouge would’ve done better without fan consultation. 

Bar the sponsor the kit is fine IMO… Don’t get all the faux & bandwagon outrage to it myself. 

Even as someone who doesn't usually give a toss about kits, that is a horrid kit. At first glance it looks like a Burnley shirt. The sponsor is horrible on the shirt and it's depressing we still have to have a gambling company as our sponsor. 

2/10 WNB

47 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol yeah no one has ever talked about a past kit. Don’t think any old kit has been mentioned once on the board. But I get what you’re saying now. All the people who would love to spend their hard earned money on the current kit to support their team are all a bunch of idiots. That’s the spirit!

I mean I didn't say any of this. 

I said I don't get why people care so much. Buy the kit, wear it. Who cares if it doesn't look amazing? Does anyone buy a football shirt for fashion reasons? 

Old kits do get talked about. Classic kits get remembered but we've had loads of nothing kits that never get mentioned again. It's not a big deal. 

• Like 1