Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

With the greatest respect you are all wronger than snot flavoured crisps.

It's awesome. The reboot in 19/20 was awesome, that will be the end of it.

I think it’s liked because of nostalgia it’s fugly

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

That is one heck of a random image. Lol

Quite liked the away that year. Think we won at Emirates on it on the last day. Bent brace?

Nah, but we won at Stamford Bridge on NYD in that kit following a Stephen Ireland masterclass. Also *that* Robbie Keane goal was in that kit. Lovely shirt. Was the first Villa shirt I bought with my own money from the OS. The sponsor washed off completely within a few months too, and it looks even better now.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it me or is this weirdly long? 

If you put a belt on that picture, it wouldn't be at the bottom of the shirt, it'd be a couple of inches above the Castore logo - it looks like a mini-dress.

I think it's because the sleeves are weirdly small. Scale seems off whatever. 

2 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Saw this on twitter where someone mocked up the Newcastle top in villa colours. I like it. 

20230610_002910.jpg

Reminds me of this:

image.png.4782144b4930540083681674393d5d48.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Saw this on twitter where someone mocked up the Newcastle top in villa colours. I like it. 

20230610_002910.jpg

I like it but due to Newcastle I'd be pissed if Castore did it

I'm guessing because the colours are actually the same no one has bothered with the FA Cup blue with claret stripes shirt, feels like a modern update would be a winner even if it was a 3rd kit or some sort of special kit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrchnry said:

20230610_002910.jpg

Anything in claret and blue that is tastefully done is going to look good because it's the greatest combination of colours in the universe.  But I am not sure that makes it a suitable Villa shirt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I like it but due to Newcastle I'd be pissed if Castore did it

I'm guessing because the colours are actually the same no one has bothered with the FA Cup blue with claret stripes shirt, feels like a modern update would be a winner even if it was a 3rd kit or some sort of special kit

Yes, definitely.

I've been wanting a remake of that kit (including a black box around our crest) for years. 

Would be great.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

I will never get the obsession with this shirt. It’s absolutely gopping

It was so different at the time. For me, part of the affection for it was that it was under the Big Ron era, when we played some hugely entertaining football. I saw us win twice at Highbury in that kit in the 1993/94 season. So for me , it’s a kit that I associate with good times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floody555 said:

Personally probably cuz' of my age but I'd like something like the 96' shirt, with the new badge printed in the shirt

Or the the 99/00 striped shirt

image.jpeg.778d339a1d78404badc4b3c20cee45cc.jpeg
www.fanatics-intl.com

A proper villa kit. If pushed for what I consider 'The Aston Villa kit' it would be a very close call between this and the 1980/81 kit. Honourable mention for 1992/93

• Like 1