Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I'm a bit lost how every ball over the top they are yards ahead of our backline, we have to be reacting faster

Because they are facing the right direction for running through! 

The high line is dangerous against players like Rashford and Sancho.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

Bottom line is our players look tired and dare I say it a bit intimated in this game. Casemiro for example put in a couple of hard challenges on our players and we’ve backed off him. No one wants to press him when he has it either. The pitch has been awful for us as well(don’t want that to be an excuse though).

We need something different, JJ hasn’t been good. Buendia the same and Young looks his age in this game.

They can be had but we need to come out with the same energy we had vs Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Dendonckers lack of ability very evident in games like this. He’s just a body in midfield really.

Agree, unfortunately he just doesn’t have the athleticism we need.. eventually the injury to Kamara was going to effect us..

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Casemiro bossing the first half totally.

We crumbled under their intense press, but were able to get two chances. in this game we have to take them. Still in it very much.

He wouldn’t get away with so much of the ref actually booked him though 

• Like 4

Frustrating game with the weather.  Our gameplan is hurt the worst from it, whereas United are just pinging long balls over the top trying to beat the offside trap and eventually it worked out for them.  We're slipping and sliding all over the pitch and players are overhitting touches or pulling up short because of the rain.  No idea how Casimero hasn't gotten at least a yellow for that tackle through the back of JJ that didn't get any of the ball, but looks like this will be another game where the ref doesn't card anyone and the foul count will climb up to almost 30 against us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, no complaints about the scoreline but we're playing against 12 as usual with this lot.

Barely.

Casemiro not being booked and probably giving away a foul deep in our half are the only real mistakes.

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I'm a bit lost how every ball over the top they are yards ahead of our backline, we have to be reacting faster

Because that's the " tactic " . High line to catch them offside.

It works alot, but the one time the whole backline aren't on it it's dangerous and opposition attackers have free reign

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Cannot believe Casemiro was not booked for taking out Ramsay's standing leg.

They haven't even shown a replay - might of even been a red.

I don’t know if it would be a booking but at one point he jumped in the air and body checked Dougie and nothing was given 

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Because they are facing the right direction for running through! 

The high line is dangerous against players like Rashford and Sancho.

I think the slippy surface as well, players seem to struggle when changing directions.