Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

This is bonkers, I was getting a burger with my boys outside the Holte about 2:45 and Sawiris walk past with his lad. Could not see any security and eventually he got let in at the gate between the Holte and the Doug Ellis 

Obviously had been drinking in town.

Mate.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The refereeing was okay, if oddly presented, we maybe should have had a penalty and there were some strange moments of confusion around VAR, but it seemed he got the big things right

Yeah, having seen the replay of the handball from JJ's shot at that (very clever) corner routine it's nuts how the rules are interpreted. I'll throw the blame at VAR but how West Ham got a penalty for handball last week and we didn't today is incredibly frustrating.   

• Like 2

Was a decent performance from most of the players today, thought watkins should have buried his chance but was a good attempt and save. Ultimately these are the types of games we have slipped up in over the last season or 2, usually after beating a team higher up the table, so its good progress. Chelsea and Leicester will be a tougher test but we should be aiming to win both. Bring them on!

• Like 1

I went Mings MOTM because I forgot about Luiz. Both were excellent.

Dougie just looks like the real deal atm.

No idea how that handball wasn’t given.

Really please to see JJ have a decent game and get on the scoresheet, I still back him.

That Martinez save off the billing FK was beautiful. And Mings got some great last ditch blocks in.

Didn’t feel like a 3-0 to me though. More of a 3-1 / 3-2 kind of game. We definitely deserved to win, but they had some decent chances.

• Like 1

Really pleasing win today and some of the football we played was really impressive and we could have easily scored a few more.

Our star performers were Ramsey, Luis and Mings - any of them would have deserved the man of the match.

Good atmosphere in the Holte today given where we are in the league and couldn't hear one song from the Bournemouth fans where we were.  UTV!

Luiz MOM for me but Ming's and Moreno were great.  So many good performances, Bailey was effective and trying so hard in the areas he's not so good at. Tactics were spot on.  The first handball was so nailed on it's a joke and would have put the game to bed much earlier on.

Well done boys 👍

Having just seen that 'penalty' for Southampton on MOTD I'm even more fuming over how the f**k we didn't get two!?

It's not VAR, it's the absolute clueless useless bellends sat at Stockley Park getting paid to be arseholes that's the problem.

• Like 1

The speed and sharpness of our moves today was good; passes hitting players in stride and often with only a quick glance up from the player making the pass.

I also liked how sharp we were on freekicks and setpieces; JJ's goal was down to Luiz, Watkins and him being switched on, there was also a great quick fk from McGinn to play in Watkins. Also some nice corner routines that caught Bournemouth out (should have had a pen from one)

That's what happens when you have a well drilled side who know their roles, where they need to be on the pitch, and where their teamates will be, whatever the situation. 

Of course the dull Chelsea draw shown before the Villa game on MOTD🤷‍♂️ (tbf didn't realise it ended 2-2) plus Everton done us a favour so I should stop moaning 😆)

Edited by birdman
  • Haha 1

Â