Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/23 at 23:59

On 18/03/2023 at 19:43, The Fun Factory said:

A mostly comfortable win at home. 3 goals.  A clean sheet. Marvelous.

I thought Luiz and McGinn bossed the midfield, and to think many of us were worried before the match because of Kamara being out.

If we can upgrade on Bailey in the summer and bring in maybe another top striker we could actually have a proper run at the top 6. Bailey was way off it yet again, for me the only negative.

Didn't notice him playing.

On 21/03/2023 at 00:26, robby b said:

So we had a nightmare with those back to back 2-4 scorelines at home but since the Arsenal match what a fantastic turnaround!

Going from conceding 11 goals in 3 games to just 1 in 4 is simply a brilliant transformation!

I put my hand up and admit this has come as both a surprise and a relief to me. :s Thanks to Unai and the whole team really we have made a huge improvement defensively since those horrible games against Leicester and Arsenal.

He knew in that after match interview, after the Arsenal game, things were going to change, he said so......He was absolutely seething.

The big thing with UE is, he sees things.......He has solutions to adversity/reversals, its not just we go again, that's just peeing in the wind.

This man works on things, and looks for outcomes....He is strategic, methodical and functional, he has huge commitment and wants all around him to have it, too.

You can't boil the ocean, so he works on things in an incremental fashion...watching a Unai team is like looking for stereograms, each match has an improvement of sorts, we just have to look for them...its fascinating.

We would have lost that Bournemouth game a while back.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â