Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Match Polls  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Haven't seen it, looking forward to MOTD. Great way to end this spell before the international break. 10th for an hour or two!

It will be the tiny segment at the end that will be edited to assert that Bournemouth  should have won. 😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Deluded Bournemouth lot think they could have got more out of the game and they it wasn't a 3-0 game.  Also said if they'd made it 1-1 the outcome would have been different. Well, the penalty that wasn't would have made it 2-0 before they even got a proper chance so that's laughable.

They're right about it not being a 3-0 game I guess, we should have had 5 with Watkins 1 on 1 and the penalty that VAR inexplicably missed.

A couple of moments where we tried to gift them a goal, but generally very solid and never looked really troubled. And scoring looks easy now. Emery has really worked some magic on this club.

I was at the game so as usual you get very little var update. What was the var penalty was it a handball?

I didn't see game very well as had to keep finding new streams but from what I did see I thought Moreno, Luiz, Mings, and McGinn all looked like they played really excellently. Very good win especially as despite their lowely position Bournemouth didn't look a bad team at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I was at the game so as usual you get very little var update. What was the var penalty was it a handball?

Yeah their defender blocked it with a hand, it was blatant if you ask me. It was close to him, but his hand was away from his body and blocked the shot… so it should’ve been a penalty in my opinion.

I didn't take in the whole match, i have my own sport on today. But I got up (130am) and listened to most of the first half.

The biggest compliment I can pay and one I rarely have been able to give Villa over the years, but I went back to bed confident that we were going to win easily and therefore I should get more sleep.

Another goal involvement for Ollie,

Happy for JJ, I've been a critic lately and the same goes for Buendia.

Reading people's comments it seems that we were good in midfield and Moreno played well.

Another clean sheet.

I'm going to go take in the highlights while I eat breakfast and hopefully kick some ass myself today 😁

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

A mostly comfortable win at home. 3 goals.  A clean sheet. Marvelous.

I thought Luiz and McGinn bossed the midfield, and to think many of us were worried before the match because of Kamara being out.

If we can upgrade on Bailey in the summer and bring in maybe another top striker we could actually have a proper run at the top 6. Bailey was way off it yet again, for me the only negative.

Â