What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This while freshly made thing seems to have made them worse 

Absolutely 100%

The burgers used to sit in the warmer settling nicely whilst the cheese melted a bit. 

Now they turn up with the cheese still cold and unmelted like a piece of rubber. Stupidest thing they ever did. 

And when they're busy all the food is sitting at the end of the production area getting cold waiting for the front of house staff to catch up and get it bagged. 

Terrible move. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Try the zinger tower (chicken) burger from KFC. Fantastic and not dry at all.

i see your zinger tower and raise you a zinger stacker. just a massive double chicken burger. best thing to come out of kfc in years

• Like 1

I won't eat anything from Macca's, KFC, " Burger King", or any of those fast food franchise places unless I am desperate and/or lazy.

I can't trust anything made by teenagers who don't give a shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Surprised at the positive comments for Burger King on here? On the few times I’ve tried them, I’ve found their burgers to pretty mediocre, cold and most probably microwaved. In addition, the hygiene levels in Burger King establishments leave a lot to be desired. Just my experience and opinion of course. KFC establishments seem even worse.

You’re definitely being unlucky in wherever you are. Burger King is by no means providing amazing burgers, but in the fast food/drive thru market they’re comfortably ahead of anything else IMO. Five Guys has marginally better burgers but at double the price. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You’re definitely being unlucky in wherever you are. Burger King is by no means providing amazing burgers, but in the fast food/drive thru market they’re comfortably ahead of anything else IMO. Five Guys has marginally better burgers but at double the price. 

My closest is the Merry Hill Shopping Centre or Darlaston, just off the Black Country route. Neither are very nice and it’s mainly because I’m forced to have something due to the kids begging for it. I could just be unlucky with where I am and when I’ve ordered though.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I won't eat anything from Macca's, KFC, " Burger King", or any of those fast food franchise places unless I am desperate and/or lazy.

I can't trust anything made by teenagers who don't give a shit.

Leave my eldest out of it

Not much I don't like on a burger, but if your having bacon it defo needs to be Streaky and well-done. Bit of a  bbq/grilling enthusiast, I love 1/4lb steak burgers from our village butcher, or make my own patties from minced beef, smoked low n slow on the offset smoker to retain moisture and flavour, grated cheese melted on, toasted bun from local bakery. Depending on what I fancy, sometimes do the ketchup/mustard/mayo combo, or I make my own bbq sauce and use that, wouldn't put a shop-bought one on a burger, they're too sweet. 

And now I'm effing starving

7 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Not much I don't like on a burger, but if your having bacon it defo needs to be Streaky and well-done. Bit of a  bbq/grilling enthusiast, I love 1/4lb steak burgers from our village butcher, or make my own patties from minced beef, smoked low n slow on the offset smoker to retain moisture and flavour, grated cheese melted on, toasted bun from local bakery. Depending on what I fancy, sometimes do the ketchup/mustard/mayo combo, or I make my own bbq sauce and use that, wouldn't put a shop-bought one on a burger, they're too sweet. 

And now I'm effing starving

Having the streaky bacon wouldn't ruin the burger for me like non-crispy bacon would, bit it would be very close.

Definitely want back bacon on there.

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Having the streaky bacon wouldn't ruin the burger for me like non-crispy bacon would, bit it would be very close.

Definitely want back bacon on there.

See I reckon streaky crisps up better because of the higher fat. But each to their own, no wrong answer when it comes to food 🤤

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pongo's Socks said:

See I reckon streaky crisps up better because of the higher fat. But each to their own, no wrong answer when it comes to food 🤤

I want to taste the bacon, not the fat. Never been a fan of streaky. 

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I had homemade burgers tonight. Mince, seasoning, onion, beans, jalapeños, absolutely gorgeous. Topped with guacamole

disgusting-disgust.gif

On 10/03/2023 at 12:54, Rds1983 said:

Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger.

However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate.

I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people?

Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

That’s it for me in a nutshell. If the burger is taller than it is wide, and has to have a wooden skewer through it to hold it all together, it will be more trouble than it’s worth. If I end up with such a monstrosity I usually end up eating it with a knife and fork which just feels like all kinds of wrong, and I hate myself. The alternative though is having it capsize in your hands or leaching pickle juice all down your shirt.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AJ said:

Yeah that’s my philosophy too.

That's why I only have about 3 a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â