What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

On 13/03/2023 at 17:10, cyrusr said:

Oh it totally can work and can be really nice. It’s just usually over cooked and/or has a ton of sauce with. The yolk should be your sauce basically. 

Boom ! I love a runny egg on a burger !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Blue cheese of any kind, can't stand it. Especially in the quantities that now seems to be popular. Everything just tastes of stilton.

For me the addition of blue cheese improves a burger, heinz do a lovely blue cheese sauce that is a game changer in burger preparation.

noImage&resMode=sharp2&id=7ShTl0&fmt=web

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

For me the addition of blue cheese improves a burger, heinz do a lovely blue cheese sauce that is a game changer in burger preparation.

I love a good stilton. I just don't want it on my burger.

Stilton, a good salty cracker and port is an all time favourite of mine, just keep it off my burger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cheese should be a subtle hint in a burger not an overpowering dominant force.  Really the milder the better. 

Do you also vape and drink alcohol free beer?

• Haha 1

I'm a pure meat and bread* man myself.  Only thing that might go in there is one of the following sauce varieties; BBQ, peri-peri, chilli, peanut satay.  On a rare occasion, perhaps some melted mozzarella with slices of pepperoni (which will then impact which sauce I have), or an onion ring (BBQ sauce only) or some of those small crispy onion flakes (peanut satay only).

*fat bastard salad dodger

If I'm having a veggie/vegan burger variant, I like to splash some liquid smoke (hickory or pecan) on the patty to add some "authenticity" to the flavour.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fish finger butty in a bun

Whats wrong with that?

The same things that are wrong with a fish finger butty. Bread on bread. Too many layers of starch. Fish in the middle. Bad burgering. It’s the wrong plaice for such things 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

interesting...slightly off topic but would this work as a blue cheese dressing?

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

interesting...slightly off topic but would this work as a blue cheese dressing?

I think it would, but I am addicted to the stuff and if I can I use it for everything. The bottles unfortunately are pretty small, but worth every penny.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I work with someone who makes their own burgers and puts a Babybel in the middle of each one.

I don't know what I believe in any more. We are all lost.

Babybel has no flavour at all. None. There is no point to that other than to have some hot white spillage from your meat. 

• Haha 2

Â