What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

BK gets it right with this:

Bacon Double Cheese XL - Burger King

No tomatoes soaking the bread.  No mayo or burger sauce just going everywhere.  Bread, meat, cheese.  Done.

Edit:  I guess that's a bit off topic so... the things mentioned are the things that ruin a burger.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've had a small Salter one for five or six years. Might be time for a larger version.

Either of the Ninja Foodie Dual ones. Hands down the best out there but as a consequence, also like rocking horse shit to get hold of.

It depends on if you are making it yourselves or if it's at a restaurant or burger joint. Generally not a fan of lettuce or tomatoes on burgers nor of burgers that are overly big with loads on them.

Less is more as long as the bun and meat are quality. One of the best burgers I ever had only had meat, bread and fried onion. Rest of the stuff was served on the side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Served on anything that isnt a plate. I will accept just about anything on a burger, but serve it on a slate, or a wooden block, then its goodnight vienna.

What about a Bigmac box? 

Excellent thread topic btw.

The only thing I don't get with burgers is the tomato they use is always a massive buffalo tomato, which are 99% water. This achieves two things, it dilutes any flavour that is there and it absolutely ruins the bun, just why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Excellent thread topic btw.

The only thing I don't get with burgers is the tomato they use is always a massive buffalo tomato, which are 99% water. This achieves two things, it dilutes any flavour that is there and it absolutely ruins the bun, just why?

You forgot unripe, they never use a ripe tomato, it's alway pinkish in colour and hard, not red, soft and full of flavour

• Like 1

If it's well cooked, I'll have just about anything on a burger. A nice simple, fresh one with lettuce, tomato and onion, nice. A big dirty bacon cheeseburger with barbecue sauce? Ace. A sunday roast burger? Alright, why not.

They've all got their place if they're cooked well. I don't even mind if I have to slice it in half and have some napkins on standby., You fussy buggers :) 

• Like 1

The meat can ruin it if it's not good quality. Nothing worse than a gritty, greasy burger.

I'm not vegan at all but the best burger is a portbello mushroom with halloumi or mozzarella. Little bit of salsa.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm not vegan at all but the best burger is a portbello mushroom with halloumi or mozzarella. Little bit of salsa.

I am vegan, and if the veggie burger option is a massive **** mushroom, I'd rather take a shit on a plate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Especially in a burger when they do the deep fried bread crumbed piece

That's garbage

Probably made by a stupid girl.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

BBQ sauce. It's too strong a flavour. I'm tolerant of most things on a burger once they know their place. BBQ sauce does not know its place.

Far too sweet too.  Don't get me started on BBQ base pizzas!

• Like 1

Â