What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

56 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I do like a good burger (couple of smashed patties, cheese, bacon, onions, gherkins and of course some sauce), but you do see some really silly toppings now with places trying to be too clever, ie Wotsits, Nachos, Mac & Cheese, Pineapple , Fried Egg etc.  

What is this obsession with Mac & Cheese everywhere? One for the things you don't get thread. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Tell me more. We haven't got an air fryer. 

The air fryer seals the burger really well, the fats don't run out so it retains its original size and shape and it full of flavour due to the retained fat.

Honestly, its a complete game changer.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What are people's thoughts on toppings such as pulled pork? 

I'm not a fan as adds to it being too tall and it makes it too messy.

I like pulled pork but don't want it on a burger.

correct-futurama.gif

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What is this obsession with Mac & Cheese everywhere? One for the things you don't get thread. 

Agree, I think it’s a really boring food anyway but on top of a burger is a real no no.

• Like 1

BBQ sauce. It's too strong a flavour. I'm tolerant of most things on a burger once they know their place. BBQ sauce does not know its place.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Bacon. Stop putting **** bacon on my burger. Yeah, I really want to bite into a burger and have a whole rasher of bacon come out of it and hang on my chin. And the flavour of bacon dominates everything it's put on, so leave my **** burger alone you words removed.

My lad always insists on bacon from the burger van. Great and extra £1 for the nastiest looking 90% rind and fat rubbery bit of bacon.  Eugh. 

Any muck like  a gherkin , tomato , mayonnaise , onion just ruins a burger  ... ketchup and  tiny tiny amount of mustard is acceptable 

Burger King currently have a Doritos Burger , which you can customise with a fried egg and bacon on top  .. along with the lashing of Doritos Nacho cheese its a heart attack in  bun   ... but on the list of great ways to die , its just behind  checking out out whilst being in a threesome with Ana de Armas and Jennifer Lawrence  

1 minute ago, BOF said:

BBQ sauce. It's too strong a flavour. I'm tolerant of most things on a burger once they know their place. BBQ sauce does not know its place.

That is part of the reason why you put the BBQ sauce on the bun and separate it from the burger with a slice of cheese for flavour separation

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The air fryer seals the burger really well, the fats don't run out so it retains its original size and shape and it full of flavour due to the retained fat.

Does it fill the kitchen up with smoke? I generally avoid cooking burgers inside the house. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

What temperature and for how long, Chef Bicks?

Edited by Sid4ever
Forgot punctuation

Just now, sidcow said:

Does it fill the kitchen up with smoke? I generally avoid cooking burgers inside the house. 

Nope, not a hint of it. Another absolute bonus. You don't even need any fat, just bung it in set temperature and time, turn once

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That is part of the reason why you put the BBQ sauce on the bun and separate it from the burger with a slice of cheese for flavour separation

For me it's just too strong once it hits your mouth. Not particularly pleasant.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My lad always insists on bacon from the burger van. Great and extra £1 for the nastiest looking 90% rind and fat rubbery bit of bacon.  Eugh. 

This is why I only put bacon on burgers I'm making myself.

A thick piece of undercooked back bacon is vomit-inducing, whereas my cooked-to-almost-incineration streaky bacon is **** amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had a small Salter one for five or six years. Might be time for a larger version.

Just now, rjw63 said:

This is why I only put bacon on burgers I'm making myself.

A thick piece of undercooked back bacon is vomit-inducing, whereas my cooked-to-almost-incineration streaky bacon is **** amazing.

This, this and yeah exactly this.

Whenever I have had a burger out and its contained bacon it's always and I mean always rubbery back bacon.

When I create one of my own special big bastard burgers at home I go for really well done streaky and that works a treat.

• Like 1

Â