What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

It's almost certainly one of the best in Vegas. Better than the shitty Heart Attack Grill. Back before the Park MGM was the Park MGM, The Monte Carlo had a bar called The Pub and they had fantastic burgers, Black Tap is excellent now though. 

My mate's got the UK franchise and is opening one in London and one in Manchester next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

steak sauce is something i've never gotten, especially when it's always the most expensive thing on the menu. why spend £30 on a steak then chuck a load of sauce on it so it's the only thing you taste?

I meant it in the American condiment sense - you get "steak sauce" in the same way as you get "barbecue sauce". It's just a style of sauce, rather than your array of bearnaise, Diane, chimichurri et al that you might actually put on a steak. And it's really good - but I don't think I'd ever actually put it on a steak. 

40479_BY_Steak_Sauce_10oz_90.png

And I'm broadly sympathetic to your point, it just depends on the situation. 

A high-end place, sure - skip the sauce. But a four quid Lidl ribeye on a Friday? A good bearnaise or a gorgonzola hollandaise or something makes it much better.

And never peppercorn as bobzy says. What's the point?

I love peppercorn sauce. I'd never tip a whole jug of it over a steak, but used sparingly it's as good as any other sauce. A nice contrast of being creamy but with a kick from the black pepper.

• Like 2

Â