What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

15 hours ago, Risso said:

If I end up with such a monstrosity I usually end up eating it with a knife and fork which just feels like all kinds of wrong, and I hate myself. 

I tend to just take out a number of things until I'm left with the two bits of bread and only enough stuff in the middle for it to be a burger.

I am yet to work up the courage to ask for an extra bun so I can make a burger with all the extra stuff they accidentally put in my burger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Had one in a local pub Friday night.

Came with a stick through it with almost half a tomato attached, and the other half tomato inside the top bun.

Cheese and chopped iceberg inside was fine.

Chucked the tomatoes out, removed stick, squashed theremains as flat as possible, and it was quite nice.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 14:37, bickster said:

I'll check later but off the top of my head 200C and 15 minutes or so

Is that from frozen? I am 100% trying this.

On 10/03/2023 at 13:55, Anthony said:

Bacon. Stop putting **** bacon on my burger. Yeah, I really want to bite into a burger and have a whole rasher of bacon come out of it and hang on my chin. And the flavour of bacon dominates everything it's put on, so leave my **** burger alone you words removed.

Yes! This! I'm maybe not as angry as you about it, but while I love a bacon sarnie or roll for breakfast, bacon on burgers is a massive no for me.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 16:32, KentVillan said:

This obsession with double patties has ruined burgers for me. Just make a normal burger ffs and call it a “hamburger” or a “cheeseburger” not the Elvis Notorious BIG Piggy Wiggy Kiwi Double Dirty

I agree with you, but a proper kiwi burger (as made by our antipodean friends) is amazing. Normal burger with toppings etc, but below the meat is a slice of beetroot and a fried egg. I was skeptical but had one in NZ and it was freaking incredible.

• Like 2

There’s quite a few things that I dislike I’m a burger. Onions, tomatoes, salsa etc. but I can still Eat them. 

But the one thing that I can’t stand is a pickle. Especially the ones at McDonald’s. Absolutely vile things 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s quite a few things that I dislike I’m a burger. Onions, tomatoes, salsa etc. but I can still Eat them. 

But the one thing that I can’t stand is a pickle. Especially the ones at McDonald’s. Absolutely vile things 

I'll have yours. Pickles are the best part of a Big Mac.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I agree with you, but a proper kiwi burger (as made by our antipodean friends) is amazing. Normal burger with toppings etc, but below the meat is a slice of beetroot and a fried egg. I was skeptical but had one in NZ and it was freaking incredible.

Agree tbf, a Kiwi burger is delish

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'll have yours. Pickles are the best part of a Big Mac.

Not hard to be fair. Big Macs are the most overrated burgers of all time. They’re shit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Not hard to be fair. Big Macs are the most overrated burgers of all time. They’re shit

Sort of with you. I don't mind them, but they are not even the best Maccies burger (quarter pounder with cheese). Maccies are ok when you are in a rush or ain't got much dosh, but there are much better out there, granted. Can't be doing with Burger King though. I'm always horribly disappointed by them. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Is that from frozen? I am 100% trying this.

Nothing in the guide book for frozen burgers only fresh. The interwebs have varying answers but an avergae seems to be 200C for 13 mins turning over half way through

• Thanks 1

Â