What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s quite a few things that I dislike I’m a burger. Onions, tomatoes, salsa etc. but I can still Eat them. 

But the one thing that I can’t stand is a pickle. Especially the ones at McDonald’s. Absolutely vile things 

Oooh, we're really getting the insider details here! Straight from the horse's mouth (or ex-cow actually I suppose).

• Haha 1

McDonalds three bite single cheese burgers are just lovely comfort food. 

I know they may be made from trash but they are just a classic

Doesnt matter what meal i order from Maccies you best bet im getting a cheeseburger chaser to finish up

• Like 2

My current method is beef mince, pan seared both sides with the second searing a slice of cheese (emmental, cheddar, red Leicester etc) added on top of the burger. Brioche roll (very lightly toasted. Then homemade burger sauce if feeling energetic and can be bothered. Nice and simple. Lettuce and tomatoes don't belong on a burger. Sometimes some nice streaky bacon goes on top and it's fab. Sometimes I have a nice fried egg in there. But usually just the beef and cheese and some mayo and hot sauce.

• Like 1

Mayo

Gherkins

Odd fillings for the sake of it (chilli/pulled pork etc.)

Tomatoes and other veg that isn’t onion (lettuce I’ll suffer if it’s there but only because I don’t eat nearly enough veg. Never add at home though as involves buy lettuce).

Don’t mind a brioche bun but wouldn’t be a first choice. 

And yeah why are some so tall now? You basically end up splitting it in half - might as well have 2 burgers instead.

Did do some burgers at the weekend with the co op beef rib burgers which are really good and have a natural bbq flavour. Burger, slice of spicy cheese (melted in the pan), fried onion and bbq sauce (not too much though). Crisped the bread in the pan to maintain structure. Went down a treat :D 

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

An egg should not be on a burger. Close the thread.

Oh it totally can work and can be really nice. It’s just usually over cooked and/or has a ton of sauce with. The yolk should be your sauce basically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Oh it totally can work and can be really nice. It’s just usually over cooked and/or has a ton of sauce with. The yolk should be your sauce basically. 

ruins the roll, an unnecessary addition fuelled by the dirty burger merchants. Get it out of my burger. 

• Like 1

On your basic football van burger, I'd say an absence of Onion and an absence of brown sauce renders them even more inedible.

In a more normal type burger, I want most of the things people seem to dislike - I want a cheese slice, Onion, Tomato, Lettuce, red or brown or barbeque sauce, gerkin, mayo even. And plant based, not ground up beef.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

On your basic football van burger, I'd say an absence of Onion and an absence of brown sauce renders them even more inedible.

In a more normal type burger, I want most of the things people seem to dislike - I want a cheese slice, Onion, Tomato, Lettuce, red or brown or barbeque sauce, gerkin, mayo even. And plant based, not ground up beef.

So so much wrong 

i-am-not-surprised.gif

• Like 1

A tinsy off topic but I had my first Original Patty Men burger recently and it really was truly awesome 

And it wasn't tall and stacked out. Nice and easy to get in your gob. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A tinsy off topic but I had my first Original Patty Men burger recently and it really was truly awesome 

Very good indeed.

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

I used to like you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I used to like you. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a given by far, but done right it does work but it’s got to have a runny yolk. Doesn’t normally get done right though, hence why people don’t like it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

p092qtjv.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â