Pre Match Thread

maqroll

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Interested how they start. Plenty of their Sunday games after europe they're flat in first half before picking up as game goes on so vital we're on it from the off rather than sitting back ourselves as they'll be a goal or two in it for us.

They have lost 7 out of there 10 Sunday games this season winning just twice and one was against us :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. Like they can only take them so far and then start to decline. Interesting to see how long he lasts. 

Just looking at the league table I think it’s only Arteta, Pep, Klopp, Moyes, Rodgers and Frank that have been in the job 3 years or more and I’d imagine Moyes and Rodgers won’t be lasting beyond the season. 

• Like 1

I think Emery will go very defensive for the first 20-30 minutes because he knows the pressure is on West Ham and Moyes, so will use the crowd against them which is then to our advantage.  Just play complete counter attacking football for that period, then open up after that. West Ham fans will be toxic, West Ham players nervous and we can then take the game.  West Ham have a voodoo over us so let’s hope today that curse can be lifted….sometimes it’s hard to break those curses so I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost but we are playing well away so we have massive hope for today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Just looking at the league table I think it’s only Arteta, Pep, Klopp, Moyes, Rodgers and Frank that have been in the job 3 years or more and I’d imagine Moyes and Rodgers won’t be lasting beyond the season. 

Don’t think Leicester can afford to pay off Rodgers so I expect him to stay.  I think if they were going to sack him it would’ve been a few months back but their finances look like they can’t do it.

We have habit down the years of beating teams and the manager getting the boot. Robson and Di Canio from memory. Maybe more. I feel this must win for Moyes or must not lose. That doesn't make me confident for result either way just thought about it

Edited by Kiwivillan

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I hate all you optimists, you're the kiss of death. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool pessimist. My default assumption is that the Villa will always let me down. Anything better than that is an unexpected bonus. 

4-1 Villa.

• Thanks 1

Our record against West Ham is appalling. Their home form is decent despite their struggles in the league. Our away form is good. They're coming off an international away game, but not a terribly difficult one. Our form without Kamara is dire. 

We're not winning this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I hate all you optimists, you're the kiss of death. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool pessimist. My default assumption is that the Villa will always let me down. Anything better than that is an unexpected bonus. 

If you want some positive news, I came down with food poisoning last night. That means that there’s a fairly good chance that my attendance won’t negatively impact the result as it usually does on the rare occasion I go to villa games. If we win today I will commit to staying away indefinitely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3