Pre Match Thread

maqroll

16 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I've put 200 quid on Ings to score against us at 3/1.

Easiest 600 i'll ever make.

Can't believe we are as big as 5/2 - 11/4 and they are as short as Evens - 11/10 

Too many unknowns to be confident how this match will end. 
How will we manage with out Kamara?
West Ham have improved lately, but mostly against weak sides. 
We should be more rested, but they are maybe more match ready.

I still think we will win 2-0, but it’s just me hoping more than anything else. 

19 minutes ago, robby b said:

I wonder if the Bournemouth win just now will help us a little or hinder us a little. It puts extra pressure on West Ham but will that make them a bit nervous or put up even more of a fight? 

This season is just unpredictable, how can a team go from beating manu 7-0 to losing to Bournemouth in a week.

If we can put together a winning streak there should be possible to move up the table. But then again we have off days like the match against Leicester.

Hopefully it is West Ham that have a bad day tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

2-3 McGinn, Ollie, Buendía ⚽

On 05/03/2023 at 18:38, Guardian_Angel_M said:

Need to win this, 0-1

Buendía ⚽

Make your mind up Kidda ;)

West Ham will see this as a very winnable game in their run in.

Interested how they start. Plenty of their Sunday games after europe they're flat in first half before picking up as game goes on so vital we're on it from the off rather than sitting back ourselves as they'll be a goal or two in it for us.

They'll start Ings and push Antonio out wide so those two and Bowen will be a tricky frontline for us to handle if we leave space.

1-1 feels a safe bet to me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham will see this as a very winnable game in their run in.

Interested how they start. Plenty of their Sunday games after europe they're flat in first half before picking up as game goes on so vital we're on it from the off rather than sitting back ourselves as they'll be a goal or two in it for us.

They'll start Ings and push Antonio out wide so those two and Bowen will be a tricky frontline for us to handle if we leave space.

1-1 feels a safe bet to me.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel concerned about motivation levels in this match. Classic kind of mid-table situation where our players may not be inspired enough for a win right when they really need to be. We have the quality to win this. But will we strive? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I feel concerned about motivation levels in this match. Classic kind of mid-table situation where our players may not be inspired enough for a win right when they really need to be. We have the quality to win this. But will we strive? 

Well we've dug out wins v Everton and Palace so I wouldn't say we're on the beach yet.

Laughable if likes of Konsa and McGinn go to Emery early next season if they're being benched. UE can just say you've been regulars at this club for years and not once finished in prem top 10 so I do think it's important for some of our regulars to have that as an achievement just to lay a marker down ahead of the summer transfer plans.