Pre Match Thread

maqroll

We can play with freedom within the tactical set up Emery decides on . West Ham will be set up to grind away at us and capitalise from set pieces.  

Will miss Kamara big time but that gives others a chance to step up  . Going for a 1-1

On 07/03/2023 at 03:33, robby b said:

Yes, that was it, the Harewood hat-trick game, I just looked it up, it was in September 2005. Somehow I think I stayed in the pub watching until full-time.  : <

A bit like when 9/11 happened. I remember the pub i was in who i was with and taking a call from a customer at half time . The Lyndon in Olton 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I feel concerned about motivation levels in this match. Classic kind of mid-table situation where our players may not be inspired enough for a win right when they really need to be. We have the quality to win this. But will we strive? 

That is the big question for me. We saw today with Bournemouth and Everton, the teams that have to win put in that little bit more effort.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Moyes will lose this tommorow and i think the London stadium atmosphere will turn toxic and crowd will turn on him. 2-1 Villa win

I think he'll be sacked as West Ham don't play again bar the europe game for another three weeks.

On 06/03/2023 at 12:13, roonst83 said:

But then we lose having McGann further up field where he's been shining. 

To be fair Gav is getting on a bit now.  I think a deeper role will save the legs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blimey, a West Ham defeat today by two or more goals would leave them bottom of the table if Southampton were to win. And yet only last season they were high in the table. How quickly things can change in football.

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see much but a loss here without Kamara. Then again I generally think we'll lose every game with or without Kamara. :D 

The distilled essence of being a villa fan! Lol 😆 

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get why they have struggled so much this season. On player they look like they have a decent squad and it’s not too dissimilar to the one that did so well last season. 

I just think how Moyes approaches games has caught up with them. How long has he been there now, 3 years I think? Once you hit 3 years as a manager in the Premier League I feel like unless your an elite manager (Klopp, Pep) the players don’t just respond to the messages as well and need a new voice? Feel like it’s the same with Rodgers at Leicester. Haven’t got the stats to hand but interesting to see how many managers that have been in charge for longer then 3 years, can’t be many. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

I just think how Moyes approaches games has caught up with them. How long has he been there now, 3 years I think? Once you hit 3 years as a manager in the Premier League I feel like unless your an elite manager (Klopp, Pep) the players don’t just respond to the messages as well and need a new voice? Feel like it’s the same with Rodgers at Leicester. Haven’t got the stats to hand but interesting to see how many managers that have been in charge for longer then 3 years, can’t be many. 

Fair point. Like they can only take them so far and then start to decline. Interesting to see how long he lasts. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. Like they can only take them so far and then start to decline. Interesting to see how long he lasts. 

I just think they have found it hard to score goals and if you can't score you will loose a lot of games. Adding ings and Bowen has started scoring again is helping that 

• Like 1

I’d take a draw today, given how poor our record is against this lot. Bowen loves playing against us so it may come down to how well we manage to contain him. That being said I think he’ll be up against Moreno so I’m not overly confident.