Pre Match Thread

maqroll

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Eight subs, two of whom are keepers and one of whom is just back from a long term injury.

We're short.

Sorry but emery is just being stubborn now. I lovw him but dont why hw is being like this when we have some talented youngsters we can use

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Shape change?

I'm surprised in a way we've gone with Moreno over Digne - it looks like we're going to go at them all guns blazing.

Hold on to your seats!

Think they will look to exploit the left with Moreno overlapping and JJ running into channels and covering Moreno more. Certainly more of an attacking option for sure.

Have to say I'm concerned, McGinn back where he gets lost and isn't disciplined tactically. We lose his energy elsewhere too. Not a fan of Chambers but would have preferred him to bringing Bailey and moving people about.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but emery is just being stubborn now. I lovw him but dont why hw is being like this when we have some talented youngsters we can use

He said something along the lines of he didnt want to put kids on the bench for the sake of it, rather that a bench place should be earned.

Seems a good policy to me.

Also pleased Moreno is in for Digne. Still have bad memories of the last time we played West Ham where Digne was crossing balls to Zouma all game. Clearly wasn't working but we didn't change it. Moreno will give us a different option with getting to the byline and putting low crosses in. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because they aren’t ready yet maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Looking at West Ham's front 6 I'm really confused why they struggle to score goals. 

You are really flicking fates love spuds with that comment.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Think they will look to exploit the left with Moreno overlapping and JJ running into channels and covering Moreno more. Certainly more of an attacking option for sure.

This, I don't think Kehrer is the best defensively for them...

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Have to say I'm concerned, McGinn back where he gets lost and isn't disciplined tactically. We lose his energy elsewhere too. Not a fan of Chambers but would have preferred him to bringing Bailey and moving people about.

He was also managed by an idiot at that time. Let's see how he performs with a manager that will give him proper instructions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

He said something along the lines of he didnt want to put kids on the bench for the sake of it, rather that a bench place should be earned.

Seems a good policy to me.

What has the 3rd keeper earned to be on the bench then?

I think its really wierd

I'd be worried if we're moving McGinn and Buendia back.

McGinn just isn't anything like as effective as a six in the double pivot and Buendia isn't a natural centre/wide midfielder, he's much more a 10 or a winger.

Making both of those players less effective really weakens us - especially because we also lose the good work that Buendia brings when he's playing off Watkins - Bailey just doesn't work anything like as hard off the ball.

So, Bailey is weaker than Buendia off Watkins, Buendia is weaker than McGinn in central/wider midfield and McGinn is weaker than Kamara as a pivot.

I'm hoping we go change of shape instead.

Thankfully, I'm pretty confident that Unai has a plan.