Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

We are far too one paced. Start at a stroll, continue at a stroll. Everton get some momento with the crowd behind them. Jesus Villa. Show some energy, attacking aggression and intent. These aren't good but we need to up the bloody tempo!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, allani said:

We have scored several goals since Emery took over by playing slowly from the back, sucking the opposition forward and then springing forward with two or three quick passes to a forward player in space because the opposition midfield have been attracted to close us down around our own box.

I mean slow build up play around the box. Passing around the final third side to side leads to nothing. 

2 minutes ago, allani said:

We have scored several goals since Emery took over by playing slowly from the back, sucking the opposition forward and then springing forward with two or three quick passes to a forward player in space because the opposition midfield have been attracted to close us down around our own box.

We've sucked the opposition and no Kenneth Williams to be seen.

• Haha 2

Scary stuff again...  We only look dangerous on a counterattack.  Otherwise, we struggle to get the ball out of our own half in possession.  If Everton score first, I really don't see us coming back without a bunch of substitutions.  

I think teams are figuring out how fragile we are playing out the back and will press us into mistakes which will unravel our defense.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't get the line up, Luiz and Kamara have the ball but there's no next step. We need Coutinho/Buendia in here for this, McGinn and Ramsey aren't it for how Emery wants to play IMO.

Agree - we definitely need another midfielder in the summer so that we are only playing one of McGinn, Ramsey or Buendia.  Good options from the bench though.

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

If we wish to push for Europe , our defense need to improve big time .. Cash / Konsa & Ming were bought basically to survive relegation .. 

Konsa and Mings were key in getting promoted.

• Like 1