Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Just now, YLN said:

Martinez pretends to be trying to get it out quickly and then does the whole oh there's no one to pass it to shtick every time.

When you do it every time, it's hard to actually believe you truly have any intention of starting a break 

he seems to be more focused this week though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Martinez pretends to be trying to get it out quickly and then does the whole oh there's no one to pass it to shtick every time.

When you do it every time, it's hard to actually believe you truly have any intention of starting a break 

Impressive how quickly fans have turned on the guy…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Agreed. Konsa/ Ming & Cash just don’t have the technical skill/ composure & vision to play out from back… can see Unai making wholesale change for our defense in the summer 

I think Martinez is a possibility too.

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

All that build up for a shit free-kick

I can't remember the last time we scored a direct free kick 

Can't even get excited when we're awarded one in a decent position 

They are pressing with quite a lot of guys but we still can't find any open Villa players when we bypass it. It's like our front half players are hiding or to stupid to find open space.

Have Villa ever scored a goal from slow build up play? I can't ever remember us scoring a goal from that sort of position. Should just start pinging in 30 yard shots when we're building it up outside the box

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Impressive how quickly fans have turned on the guy…

I'm equivocal really. I wouldn't say I've turned on him. I'm just not as adoring as I might have been previously. And things he does that are annoying have started to annoy me.

• Like 1