Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

It's all played in front of their back four rather than breaking the lines. When it does go to a player in a promising position he either falls over the ball or has a brain fart and hold the play up too much or makes a ridiculous pass when there's a player in a much better position. It's like we're scared to take responsibility in front of goal.

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Have Villa ever scored a goal from slow build up play? I can't ever remember us scoring a goal from that sort of position. Should just start pinging in 30 yard shots when we're building it up outside the box

We have scored several goals since Emery took over by playing slowly from the back, sucking the opposition forward and then springing forward with two or three quick passes to a forward player in space because the opposition midfield have been attracted to close us down around our own box.

• Like 3

Why the **** did Martinez give the ball to Mings there? 

Honest to god playing from the back is fine when it's on but why play suicide balls just to insist on doing it? 

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’d be pretty frustrated with the ref if I was an Everton fan but good god they’re annoying 

Yeah, I have to say he's given us some soft fouls and at least one goal kick which should have been a corner.  

• Like 1