Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

First 10 mins I thought this would be quite comfortable. We seemed to be able to pass round them quite easily. 

Since then we've been unable to keep the ball in their half.

We're carrying Bailey and Ramsay in this game. Ollie isn't holding the ball up well enough either. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farlz said:

What on earth did Bailey do to deserve a place back in the side?

**** mental. 

Emery likes pace up front.

I guess Bailey is our only forward who has genuine pace and can carry the ball (although i dont remember the last time i saw it).

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

What on earth did Bailey do to deserve a place back in the side?

**** mental. 

Wonder what Emery is seeing in training, because I'd want to give Traore a go, Bailey is a net negative even considering the odd goal. Utterly dreadful most of the time

Just now, Shirtman said:

I'm not watching the game, just following via this thread, but is Emery asking too much of the players? Are his tactics stifling our play?

No, it's more of the same that we've seen over the past 3 seasons from McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, & Bailey...  The crowd gets on their back and the opposition presses them in possession, and we stop moving to create an option for the ball carrier/make hospital passes and give the ball away.  Emery is a serial winner and the players need to step the fook up or get the fook out.  Sick and tired of seeing this same behavior, regardless of who is in the manager's dugout.  Many of the players starting for us aren't good enough and Emery, Pep, or fooking Mourinho isn't going to magically make them better by playing a low block.  

• Like 1

Excellent for 25 minutes then the same old bad habits crept into our play. It’s so frustrating because Everton are playing hoof it Burnley style football. If we stop McNeil, we stop their threat and yet we have literally let him have the ball whenever he wants it

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Emery is playing the way he wants to play.

Imo, he's implementing his style whether the players like it or not, i guess he is taking the rest of this season to review which of our players can play how he wants, so he will know who needs replacing/offloading in the summer.

makes sense tbh, Emery wont compromise i dont think.

I think it's pretty safe to say that for example Konsa has been found out. Finally, been lurking in Mings' shadow for years.

• Like 2