Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He’s a brilliant player but not someone who can play 90mins these days. 

Not such an issue with 5 subs these days but difficult to see him fitting into an Emery team. 

His 250k a week contract would be a big issue

Just now, Philosopher said:

Most people can jump half a foot. A tall player wouldn't even need to jump.

You don't know what you are talking about at this stage😂

Maybe watch it again and come back to us

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I can see us signing Foyth in the summer for that RCB/RB role as he’s played there for Emery before and knows it well. He’s only 25 or something like that as well.

I think we’ll cash in on Cash

I like the look of Kenny Tete (27) from Fulham,right back, He don't stand around window shopping, goes in and buys..... cost them 10 mill.....had a good game against Chelsea.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like the look of Kenny Tete (27) from Fulham,right back, He don't stand around window shopping, goes in and buys..... cost them 10 mill.....had a good game against Chelsea.

He cost £3m.

And was available the year before for probably a similar fee.

Fulham have done some outstanding work in the transfer market. Won't be any relegation worries while they keep hold of Silva and Mitrovic.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

His goal against Leeds was in a plate he was just in the right place. His overall performance that day was poor. His second half performance against Tottenham was good. That's it. Bailey has been far better, but far more shat upon!

You are wrong!

Edited by zab6359
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd rather the club continue with the long term plan they had when they hired Emery. 

We made big splashes last January. How did that work out?

What plan was that then? You said no-one was talking about Europe or top 6 when Gerrard was in charge (and rightly so because he and we were shite) so we shouldn't be thinking about it now. Was/is the plan to carry on like that?

I guess you don't trust the recruitment team to get the right players in.  Will they be so much better in the Summer?  

January 22 we spent £27m on Digne and sold Targett for £15m - worked out ok for me, not fantastic but ok.  What were the other big splashes? 

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I know it will piss a lot of people off but Wilfried Zaha should be our main summer target as long as it's a 3 year deal.

Why? He’ll be pushing 31 by the time the season starts and as a free transfer would be wanting stupid money given his last pay day.  Not only that why would he leave London and Palace for us other than money, surely he’d only do that if he was fighting for a trophy which we aren’t.  I just don’t see the expense or person as the right fit for us.  Great talent but wrong timing of his career and far too much expense for what we are getting.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I know it will piss a lot of people off but Wilfried Zaha should be our main summer target as long as it's a 3 year deal.

I wouldn't. Here's why.

image.png.6633a6837b750475411dd590aa937f4a.png

These are his dribbling stats. Look how far they've fallen since his peak levels. His legs are going.

And on a separate point, his goal and assist numbers have never been that high. At least, not when you look at it in per minute terms. They just look better in the aggregate because of the sheer amount of minutes he's played for Palace over the seasons. For example, he's never scored or assisted at a rate much higher than Bailey has done for us this season. It looks even worse when you take the pens out of the equation.

Only sensible a signing if we can get him on decent wages on short-term deal, but I don't see that happening. We'd need to break the bank a bit for him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Why? He’ll be pushing 31 by the time the season starts and as a free transfer would be wanting stupid money given his last pay day.  Not only that why would he leave London and Palace for us other than money, surely he’d only do that if he was fighting for a trophy which we aren’t.  I just don’t see the expense or person as the right fit for us.  Great talent but wrong timing of his career and far too much expense for what we are getting.

Totally disagree but each to there own.

Iheancho would be a decent pick up imo.

Still only 26 and has a similar profile to Ings but far younger and knees still seem to work.

Would give us a decent alternative to Watkins and given he regularly bench warms for Leicester can be a rotation option aswell.

12 months left on his deal in the summer so you'd think they'd accept 15-20m.