Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, El Segundo said:

Indeed, a ridiculous notion.   Finishing 6th compared to 11th would only bring in an additional £11m in PL prize money.  Ok and potentially a couple of million revenue from European competition next year. Oh and maybe we'd only raise our profile a bit and only charge a bit more for shirt sponsorship, ground advertising etc, only sell a bit more merchandise , only get a piddling amount of extra TV income etc, and only be able to offer top players Europa league football.  It would barely  increase our revenue and improve our FFP position by much more than selling Ings and buying Duran has done.  And anyway we're loads of points off it and in a terrible run of form with a shit manager.  So yeah why bother to even try?  

I'd rather the club continue with the long term plan they had when they hired Emery. 

We made big splashes last January. How did that work out?

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

If Mourinho couldn't do it at Spurs, I don't think anyone can.  He's one of those players who was good at the game when growing up but never really loved the game or the grind of being a professional footballer.  He should be in his prime right now, but he's completely checked out and all his motivation/ambition is gone now that he's made his money.  He's going to fook off to become a full time Twitch streamer/Instagram influencer next season.  

I think Mourinho is where it went downhill for him.

All I am saying is if he was playing for Poch again in the same system he might turn it around again.

I think he is a player that has zero confidence and is one of those that needs to be loved.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I think Mourinho is where it went downhill for him.

All I am saying is if he was playing for Poch again in the same system he might turn it around again.

I think he is a player that has zero confidence and is one of those that needs to be loved.

I hear the same thing said about Coutinho all the time. To be honest, it’s a complete cop-out rolled out for players that aren’t very good or aren’t as good as they’re made out. 

My shopping list; is a striker, a left winger, a central midfielder, and a right sided central defender. I would also like a winger that is young but very talented to develop and use as an impact sub. I would look into the Digne situation. If he wants leave, fine we get a younger left back in to replace him. I'd give Ash another year and keep KKH around, because ideally we don't sign a new right back, KKH steps up instead.

The striker I don't have any good idea's. Hard to find a viable improvement on Watkins. Someone like Rashford would be ideal (obviously not Rashford, he won't leave Man U for Us).

The winger should be Nico Williams. He looks really good. Quick, skilled, hard working, scores and assists. What's not to like!?

The midfielder should be Guendouzi. Perfect fit really. Hard working and tenacious, can carry the ball, accomplished passer. Knows what the Premier league is all about, and is a former teammate of Kamara.

I say right centre back as both Mings and Carlos prefer the left side. We need 3 top tier central defenders. Konsa isn't top tier.

The extra winger slot I have my heart set on Moleiro. That kids dribbling is something else, huge talent.

Iroegbunam for me will take Luiz's first team spot soon. Him and Dendonker would ba a good back up double pivot for next season at the very least. The lad isn't just tall, strong, aggressive, and quick, he can bloody pass as well. Going to be a top player.

If we get both Guendouzi and Williams, we will be well set.

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Moreno

Kamara Luiz / Iroegbunam

Ramsey Guendouzi

Bailey / Traore Williams / Watkins

Hopefully we can add to that a quality right CB to push Mings and Carlos, Moleiro to push the wingers, and a top striker to put the icing on the cake. However I suspect if we get the Williams and Guendouzi deals done then there won't be much money left. Williams and Guendouzi will be in the region of 40m each! In fact i expect Williams to cost nearer 50m. So I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Williams, and didn't sign a striker. As we are operating more with wide strikers then a conventional centre striker. Any striker we do sign will be known for his ability to work the channels.

I can see us signing Foyth in the summer for that RCB/RB role as he’s played there for Emery before and knows it well. He’s only 25 or something like that as well.

I think we’ll cash in on Cash

Don't where to put this, but looking at things, it can be argued that with Ings sold, Buendia looking very poor ATM, and Bailey being a mixed bag, along with the return of Traore and resurgence of McGinn, that none of the 100m worth of Grealish replacements should be starting games for us if everyone is fit.

This really shows the summer 2021 business in an awful light. 100m mostly wasted!

Ironically I have feeling that if Bailey was played left, Buendia Right midfield and a proper centre forward like a Moussa Dembele that plays through the middle would be very dangerous.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia has been great under Emery. What you talking about? Crucial goals in Spurs and Leeds win. I reckon he's one of first names on Emery's team sheet. The shitting on our players with 1 loss in 7 under Emery is pissing me off

His goal against Leeds was in a plate he was just in the right place. His overall performance that day was poor. His second half performance against Tottenham was good. That's it. Bailey has been far better, but far more shat upon!

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

His goal against Leeds was in a plate he was just in the right place. His overall performance that day was poor. His second half performance against Tottenham was good. That's it. Bailey has been far better, but far more shat upon!

It was definitely not on a plate for him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

A header from 6 yards with a prone goalie. Not on a plate yeah!

Ball was also about half a foot over his head so he had to readjust his body to get it on target

12 hours ago, burchy said:

Not sure if he’s already agreed to sign with someone but would Emi’s countryman Di Maria be an option as SS/RW?

He’s a brilliant player but not someone who can play 90mins these days. 

Not such an issue with 5 subs these days but difficult to see him fitting into an Emery team. 

25 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Isn't that the point of scoring goals, to be in the right place? Works well for Haaland. 

Buendia is supposed to be a create, supposed to help us break opposition down. I haven’t seen enough of this. He is very replaceable, throughout his time at Villa we haven’t seen him do this with any regularity. He is making Bailey look consistent.