Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparebtly we trued to get cellabos from rela madrid but he rejected the approach as he wants to stay in PL and has no desire to play in PL again

It seems emery likes players who have have played in PL before with strong links to guendouzi, cellabos and delanfoanu (sp?)

Not necessarily...  Also good sources from Spain said we went after Nico Williams, but he didn't want to leave Bilbao at this time.  I think he's looking for very specific profiles of players and ones who are sure to be upgrades in those specific positions.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparebtly we trued to get cellabos from rela madrid but he rejected the approach as he wants to stay in PL and has no desire to play in PL again

It seems emery likes players who have have played in PL before with strong links to guendouzi, cellabos and delanfoanu (sp?)

He has no desire to play in the Premier League again but wants to stay in the Premier League 😳😳

We signed Moreno with no experience

• Haha 1

We'll sign another forward and winger. I think another central midfielder too to really put competition on Luiz/Kamara. If we lose either we look weak there. We also need the type of RB/RCB Emery wants who forms a back three in build up in the 3 2 2 3 or 3 box 3 approach. Then can tuck into midfielder for the 2 3 5 attacking phase. Needs to be a talented passer in breaking the press and have high recovery speed. I think this position is more key than people think. 

So I think 4 players on the key signings list. Add in Carlos and Moreno and we should see 6 of our 10 outfield regulars from this season change.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has no desire to play in the Premier League again but wants to stay in the Premier League 😳😳

We signed Moreno with no experience

As my point stated the players linked all had PL experience i even provided three examples

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

You obviously want players to work out whenever you buy them, I liken it to betting where it is foolish to make a bet over certain odds unless the pay off is large.

Still you can sign a player for 20 million who works out fairly well for a player of that price, however if he is 29 declining a bit in the legs on a five year deal for 120k a week it's the wages that is the killer in that scenario.

You weren't expecting to sell him for a fee, you may have thought his decline in numbers last season to be an anomaly and you will get the best out of him. Perhaps you gave him a 5 year deal and 120k a week because he was on 160k for 3 more years elsewhere.

I think that is a realistic scenario, not too dissimilar to Digne even.

Thats what I want Paul, but not what I expect.....However, my view is we should have more hits than we do....its about percentages.....With the odd exception, I am not enamered with our recruits.

How many other clubs come in for our players?.....and its only the ones we know as our better ones, that get courted.....Targett was the exception, and even he is no longer a first teamer for Newcastle.....all the rest are a fire sale, except Jack

I am not suggesting the wages, are not an issue.....my point is, if the player is pulling up trees, making significant contributions to our efforts and attracting predators, the finances would not be mentioned.....too many pigs in pokes.

I hear claims that January is not a good month to buy, and while I don't disagree.....other clubs sign players, who make good effect for them....I am just dubious of those claims.

I agree with your doubts about Digne, I don't think it was a prudent signing.....We as too quick, to change Targett, who did need changing......I have been uneasy with our full backs for some time....but hey ho, just my opinion.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Not necessarily...  Also good sources from Spain said we went after Nico Williams, but he didn't want to leave Bilbao at this time.  I think he's looking for very specific profiles of players and ones who are sure to be upgrades in those specific positions.  

Hope so.

16 hours ago, trillvillan said:

I would think so considering Emery wants Real Sociedad's Sporting Director. 

could that be a reason, why we didn't sign anybody in January?

Waiting for someone with better contacts?

just asking, not loaded.

17 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The premier league being an extremely physical league does not suit every "rated" player from abroad.

I really do think that the club need to get a new perspective into the recruitment and scouting departments

Brighton seem to have a lot more hits than misses over the last few yrs and we should be taking a leaf out of their book.

Couldn't agree with you more.

On 02/02/2023 at 14:13, Lupinthe5th said:

Would you all be unhappy if we dont spend £100 Million + in the Summer?

Having pretty much kept our powder dry last month, I would hope we could find a way to spend nearer £200m than £100m next summer. If it takes some creative accounting, I know that we have a couple of accountants on here, that could make the books look watertight. ;) 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That gnonto looks a player 4m. Where the hell are our scouts looking ffs??

Villa Scouting Dept HQ.

giphy.gif

VT members valiantly defending all the s*** signings...

giphy.gif

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

He's going to probably cost a stupid fee now but think someone like Brennan Johnson would be a perfect player for our system under UE. Can play anywhere across the forward line and after taking a month or two to get up to speed at this level he's actually a pretty good finisher one-on-one with the keeper.

Forest would've sold him for 20m if they'd stayed down so you're talking at least double that now.

On 07/02/2023 at 07:54, Demitri_C said:

As my point stated the players linked all had PL experience i even provided three examples

And then @Zatman provided an example of a player we actually signed without premier league experience.

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

You're right...  We never make good signings at Villa...  Like McGinn for 2.5m, Martinez for 20m, or Kamara for nothing.

Leeds have signed their share of overpriced dross too, like Daniel James for 25m, Diego Llorente for 18m, or Junior Firpo for 15m...

Really sick of everyone pointing out good signings at other clubs and acting like we never sign good players for cheap ourselves...

Wow genius post 

You would play martinez on the wing? Kamara on the wing perhaps?? 

Fantastic insite 😂

My post was clearing referring to signing WINGERS

Perhaps read the post and see what its alluding to before saying "your sick of people pointing out our bad signings" when its even worse when your not reading the post properly 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can everyone please just clarify what the hell they’re talking about 😂.

I'd like to take a minute of your time to talk about Jesus. 

• Haha 3

I regards to selling players cheap mostly, it's what I'd expect a club like our to be doing. If we sell player at their maximum value, we'd be a selling club. Jack we were forced to sell, as he wanted to go and had a release clause in his contract. We could cash in on Luiz, Martinez and Kamara. We could make a profit on Watkins too. But they only go if we have no other choice, or they decline and we replace them. If you keep hold of your best players, you simply don't make a lot from sales, as you're only selling players deemed not good enough.

The only exception to that is if you bring in a player better than a valuable first teamer. Then you can sell that first teamer for a profit. But we aren't at that stage yet.

Now if you're a champions league team in the PL those not good enough are still good enough for most teams in the world. So you can still bring good fees. But if you're a team that previously finished 14th, only poor teams want your cast offs.

In regards to scouting, those player Brighton bring are huge risks, they are also only going to Brighton as they're seen as a gateway to the riches of the Premier league. Those players when brought in aren't quite good enough at the time, but they develop them with coaching and an approach that many even hurt results a little. They have less expectation at Brighton, the fans aren't booing them after one poor half of football. When the manager, team, and fans want player that bring instant improvement, sign a talent to work on is low on priorities. The exception is a lad like Duran, such huge potential, every club in the world would consider them.

• Like 1