Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

23 minutes ago, burchy said:

Top player, lost his way a bit but thunderous shot on him. 

Mendes client also, what with the reported closer ties and all… So you never kNOw 🤔 

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

This fella says we will have £160m to spend..

Presumably that includes amortisation of all previous signings still on our books too?

Wages for the last set of accounts (the 20/21 season) was around £130m and has clearly increased since then - signing Buendia, Bailey, Ings (obviously now removed), Young, Coutinho, Digne , Olsen, Chambers, Carlos, Kamara, Dendoncker, Moreno and Duran in on permanent deals and a few new contracts for other players (e.g. Ramsey). Grealish, Targett, El Ghazi and Hourihane the only notable outgoings (along with Barkley’s loan from that season) probably a few others forgotten but presumably that’s £25-30m added to the wage bill at least

Edited by david-avfc

Buy

New 2nd GK - Have no idea on this one

Young LB to replace Digne - TRUFFERT (Rennes) or KERKEZ (AZ) or MAATSEN (Chelsea) approx £10m - £15m

Defensive RB - TOMIYASU (Arsenal) or FOYTH (Villareal) or SIMAKAN (Leipzig) - all can play CB too £25m upwards

Progressive LCB Starter- TORRES (Villareal) or SCHLOTTERBECK (Dortmund) - would need to go big approx £40m - £50m

CM - KOKCU (Feyenoord) £25m

RCM - GUENDOUZI (Marseille) £35m

LM/CAM - KAMADA (Free) & MOLEIRO (Las Palmas) £8m

RW/SS - Not sure here but there’s scope to either buy big or scout the next best thing. Would love Chiesa but that’s not going happen. NICO WILLIAMS (Bilbao) £30m - £40m but not sure he’s worth it. Whoever we go for I’d also like us to get BAKAYOKO (PSV) £7m - £10m

ST - Not many ‘big’ options here that would come. JONATHAN DAVID (Lille) £55m upwards or NOAH OKAFOR (Strasbourg) £30m upwards. Would love Gonçalo Ramos but again, not happening  

Outlay would be well over £200m so we’d have to have some sacrificial lambs (Cash, Digne, Coutinho)

Dreamland I know

Edited by burchy
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

This fella says we will have £160m to spend..

This is rubbish anyway that isn’t entirely how it works and he don’t have Grealish in those accounts either. He goes down as a 100 million profit the replacement players even if they cost 100 million don’t go down as 100 as it is amortised.

wait till the accounts are out and even then they can hand out longer contracts to lower the amortisation value of the current players.

• Like 1

For me if they dont imprive digne and coutinho should get sold with the rest of the players out on loan

Apparently if watford come up they automatically pay 15m for davis so that would be another load of money coming in

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All these are Free agents in the summer.

Milan Skriniar
Youri Tielemans
Zaha
Marcus Thuram
Evan Ndicka
N’Golo Kante
Daichi Kamada
Adrien Rabiot
Roberto Firmino
Konrad Laimer
Ilkay Gundogan
Alex Grimaldo

They will nearly all cost ridiculous wages even the realistic ones like Zaha. Can scratch Laimer off the list he has pretty much signed for Bayern, Kamada will also join Dortmund by the sounds of it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me if they dont imprive digne and coutinho should get sold with the rest of the players out on loan

Apparently if watford come up they automatically pay 15m for davis so that would be another load of money coming in

Nobody is buying either from us its why people have complained they were dreadful signings

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All these are Free agents in the summer.

Milan Skriniar
Youri Tielemans
Zaha
Marcus Thuram
Evan Ndicka
N’Golo Kante
Daichi Kamada
Adrien Rabiot
Roberto Firmino
Konrad Laimer
Ilkay Gundogan
Alex Grimaldo

Skriniars going to psg, would hope we have a look at kamada and Ndicka 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But....but....but....what about top 6 right now!!!

I know you are only joking, but look at west ham they were a top 6 side and were hoping to challenge again spent big on Pacueta, Scamacca and Aguerd and have gone backwards. It’s absolutely essential that transfers are well thought out and  the right fit.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody is buying either from us its why people have complained they were dreadful signings

I don’t think Dinge is rubbish but we overpaid, It was smart business by Benitez but the Evertonians couldn’t see it despite the complaints about him being out of form well before Benitez taking over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They will nearly all cost ridiculous wages even the realistic ones like Zaha. Can scratch Laimer off the list he has pretty much signed for Bayern, Kamada will also join Dortmund by the sounds of it

Do we reckon the likes of Tielmans will go to a top PL club?

What i'm hoping is that say Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham, Chelsea etc have already packed their squads to the point where it will be difficult for them to sign anyone early hence giving us a head start on some.