Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

1st signing should be pau torres exactly the kind of defender we need. Youbg massive potential  can play the way emery wants and will be a star. Get it done unai!

Someone else already said what I replied.

Edited by paul514

9 hours ago, sne said:

For me being a ball playing CB doesn't mean that they don't hit long balls, quite the opposite. Even a donkey like Maguire can hit a short pass. It's the medium and long range passing along with being comfortable on the ball that makes a ball playing CB for me.

Maguire isn't a donkey he just isn't fast. He can hit long passes well too.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lupinthe5th said:

We need another because Konsa and Mings arent good enough.

I could say we need another 9 in the starting team (Martinez and Kamara aside) but it is all about priorities and who wants your players at what price.

There is loads of business and sporting things to take into account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Mings is good enough, Konsa isn’t what we need right now. Same with the full back situation, we are trying to put square pegs into round holes. 

Konsa would be good at RB in the Emery system

Konsa- NEW- Carlos- Moreno

Bench: Mings

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Mings is good enough, Konsa isn’t what we need right now. Same with the full back situation, we are trying to put square pegs into round holes. 

I really like Mings.

But I'd argue that with Carlos coming back, Konsa could be the better option as his partner. 

One leader, one warrior. And Konsa is more of a ball playing defender than Mings. In my view, the worst thing about Mings is his inaccurate hoofs.

But who knows, maybe Mings would be ever alongside Carlos. 

I think it looks like we will try to sign a right back this summer with Cash seemingly not in favour and I think we will sign a centre back with Chambers seemingly not in favour.

We won't sign a left back unless Digne is sold.

By every statistical measure - Konsa doesn't come close to Mings in terms of passing the ball unless it's a short sideways pass to the RB or to Mings or to Emi.

I'm not entirely sure where this myth that Konsa is better than Mings at passing the ball, but he will be the first replaced under Unai when either Diego is fit or in the summer.

• Like 2

But on topic - we really need to fill out the squad  as well as pick 2-3 high value targets. We're loaning offloading a lot of wages but we desperately need squad players unless if Unai leans into the academy. We are short on depth at...

CB glaringly and about 2 or 3 injuries away all along the midfield line from having to start something like Coutinho-JJ-Dendocker-McGinn and of course we have 0 forwards after Watkins and Duran.

We have not bought well in terms of high end quality and/or depth and have not graduated enough academy products to fill out the roster.

I'm not entirely sure which way we'll go but I think Unai is going to have to dip into the academy pool whether he likes it or not if we are only to target players that will improve the starting XI and not the squad overall.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Not sure Cash is out of favour. Hard to replace Young with his recent form. Might see a change against Shitty though.

I don't imagine a manager would favour someone so old and therefore with little future with the club over the established and fairly highly priced Cash.

I could be wrong but to me it would make no sense unless you really didn't rate Cash

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fire sale incoming at City?

Offer the 25 mill fo rJack. lol

I doubt there will be a fire sale, IF and it is a big IF they are found guilty and punished it would be points/fine.

I would love Jack back though

24 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

By every statistical measure - Konsa doesn't come close to Mings in terms of passing the ball unless it's a short sideways pass to the RB or to Mings or to Emi.

I'm not entirely sure where this myth that Konsa is better than Mings at passing the ball, but he will be the first replaced under Unai when either Diego is fit or in the summer.

I must admit I also think Konsa is terrible at passing, he is good defending with his feet and OK in the air, nothing more.

Mings is a better passer, better in the air OK with his feet and IMO more committed/aggressive.

Having said that I believe neither of them should be a starter for us IF/WHEN we get Europa League football.

I don't even know who I would sell first, I would prefer it to be Konsa but due to age and contract length it may be smarter to sell Mings.

Having said that Emery apparently doesn't rate Chambers, I think he is decent and certainly good enough to be 4th choice but you would assume neither Konsa or Mings leaves unless two centre backs come in.

25 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

But on topic - we really need to fill out the squad  as well as pick 2-3 high value targets. We're loaning offloading a lot of wages but we desperately need squad players unless if Unai leans into the academy. We are short on depth at...

CB glaringly and about 2 or 3 injuries away all along the midfield line from having to start something like Coutinho-JJ-Dendocker-McGinn and of course we have 0 forwards after Watkins and Duran.

We have not bought well in terms of high end quality and/or depth and have not graduated enough academy products to fill out the roster.

I'm not entirely sure which way we'll go but I think Unai is going to have to dip into the academy pool whether he likes it or not if we are only to target players that will improve the starting XI and not the squad overall.

Couldn't agree less, I do not want to fill out the squad as all that does is fill it with players not good enough, far rather blood younger players into the squad KKH, Irogbunam, Archer for example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Couldn't agree less, I do not want to fill out the squad as all that does is fill it with players not good enough, far rather blood younger players into the squad KKH, Irogbunam, Archer for example.

In an ideal world you would do both, high value targets and fill out the squad but I have a feeling they will pick the former rather than the latter.

I think the youth will have to come into play because we've done such a bad job of filling out the squad elsewhere.