Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

This fella says we will have £160m to spend..

To add to the misunderstanding of the FFP rules, how they've got to the revenue of £228m looks wrong, because 1) turnover in the last accounts was higher than a normal year due to the delay to the season, and 2) the £36m covid adjustment is not all revenue.

12 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we're only allowed to spend say 160 mill because of ffp, can we not just say sod it and spend more?

Ffp is an absolute myth. Get caught and pay a paltry fine.

Ps i'm guessing this thread ends up on 3000+ pages

Got to aim high

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

This is rubbish anyway that isn’t entirely how it works and he don’t have Grealish in those accounts either. He goes down as a 100 million profit the replacement players even if they cost 100 million don’t go down as 100 as it is amortised.

wait till the accounts are out and even then they can hand out longer contracts to lower the amortisation value of the current players.

We will definitely have money to spend and wouldn't be surprised if it was comfortably over 100m. 

I think we'll break our transfer record twice, one by a large margin. Probably sign about 6 players of varying costs. A winger, a striker, Guendouzi will happen, a backup keeper, a first choice right back and another centre half to replace another outgoing one.

Possible First XI: Martinez, Foyth, Torres, Carlos, Moreno, Kamara, Luiz, Guendouzi, Ramsey, Thuram, Williams

• Shocked 1

I wont be too judgemental this summer because I don't actually know what I want

I want the club to really focus on 2 or 3 players of real quality, CL level players who cost £50m+ each, I don't see the club progressing by having summers like previous years where we've spent £100m+ but spread over 8 players

But then that said I do excited when we pick up a player like Duran, or we get linked to the Chilean or monteiro, I'd like us to take a risk, I'd love us to be in a position like the top 6 are where they take these risks knowing at worst they'll make a profit on these youngsters, wouldn't mind a player I've never heard of if he has that buzz around him

Then also that said kamara for £0 is the best signing we've made since Benteke

Genuinely not a clue who this striker is that we need, half the league needs a guaranteed goalscorer so the market will be insane, not even a FM wonderkid I could say I want! Will be really hard and a lot of money, I think it should be easier to get goal scoring wide men

33 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Nico Williams- £40 Million
Mikel Merino or Guendouzi £40 Million
Alberto Moleiro- £20 Million
Jonathan David- £50 Million
Mateo Retegui- £15 Million

Out of interest why  Mikel Merino I’ve seen his name pop up a few times because of the links we’ve had to him. I’ve watched him a few times this season and I’m not entirely convinced that he is what we need. People were quick enough to point out that Danjuma floped at Bournemouth but so did Merino at Newcastle. 

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Out of interest why  Mikel Merino I’ve seen his name pop up a few times because of the links we’ve had to him. I’ve watched him a few times this season and I’m not entirely convinced that he is what we need. People were quick enough to point out that Danjuma floped at Bournemouth but so did Merino at Newcastle. 

Hi,

Mikel Merino is the midfielder controller. Like Dani Parejo. He's better than Kamara and Luiz. Also possibly too good for Villa. 
Also the Top Assister In La Liga

• Like 1

No basis to my predictions, other than a hunch......... 

I think well sign Zaha on a free transfer.......... 

Emery is a massive fan, Emery wants a winger

Arsenal have got Martinelli and now Trossard

Man U got Rashford

Liverpool signed Gakpo and got Luiz

Chelsea signed Mudryk

can see his options diminishing for one of the top clubs over here, tottenham, newcastle, Villa ??

Just a hunch

Please can we Edit the first post in this thread.  Its wrong and useless. 

The rule he's talking about doesn't exist yet (its 90%, not 70%). And even if it did, it still wouldn't apply to us.

He's also guessing at what our revenue figures are for this season, which he'll be wrong about, and ignoring the impacts of sending other players out on Loan / that we're likely to sell in the summer.

All in all, we have shed loads more than 160m we could spend without breaching the correctly applicable FFP rules (that he isn't mentioning). And that doesn't just mean signing players for more than a combined 160m.

Whether we will go up to the limit or not is another matter, and I suspect we won't to allow room for maneuver.

The summer window is going to be mental, and we'll be at the centre of it.

Edited by MrBlack