Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He actually remind me of Grealish the way he moves with the ball.

Reminds me a bit of sensible soccer with the way he dribbles. Given the success we had with Kamara I’d be amazed if the club isn’t paying very very close attention to every decent player in a similar position. 

We won’t be the only ones though. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 21:09, DCJonah said:

But....but....but....what about top 6 right now!!!

Indeed, a ridiculous notion.   Finishing 6th compared to 11th would only bring in an additional £11m in PL prize money.  Ok and potentially a couple of million revenue from European competition next year. Oh and maybe we'd only raise our profile a bit and only charge a bit more for shirt sponsorship, ground advertising etc, only sell a bit more merchandise , only get a piddling amount of extra TV income etc, and only be able to offer top players Europa league football.  It would barely  increase our revenue and improve our FFP position by much more than selling Ings and buying Duran has done.  And anyway we're loads of points off it and in a terrible run of form with a shit manager.  So yeah why bother to even try?  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

How did we miss out on him again? It must be the 23rd window we’ve failed to get this guy….😉😂

I’m gonna console myself with the fact that he probably would have signed for us but went straight to Turkey as is normal practice for Villa players. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

300 Real Madrid appearances and them 5 Champions Leagues, disgrace to compare him to Alli

Would be another Coutinho if anything

Alli was one of the best attacking mids in world football for 3 years under Poch. 

Was worth £100m + at one point and fell off a cliff. 

Hardly a million miles apart. Isco terminated his contract after 120 days at Sevilla because he couldn't get a game under Sampaoli. Will he turn it around? Don't really fancy finding out to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Alli was one of the best attacking mids in world football for 3 years under Poch. 

Hardly a million miles apart. Isco terminated his contract after 120 days at Sevilla because he couldn't get a game under Sampaoli. Will he turn it around? Don't really fancy finding out to be honest. 

the english media made him out to be worth £100m...alli was a wikipedia scouts wet dream, more goals than gerrard, lampard and scholes at 21, just keep looking at that stat and let it distract you from watching him try and pass a football every week, he was a typical PL player, good at timing and scoring goals and the speed of thought and the bish bash bosh, no one outside the PL would touch it because the technical side was never there, look at his england record or even his champions league record, both are poor, isco was the exact opposite, technical dream player which unfortunately for him madrid bought several of

both of them are washed up and wouldnt want us anywhere near either of them but at the same time id agree that isco would be comparable to the coutinho signing whereas at this stage of his career alli would be more like drinkwater or barkley 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the english media made him out to be worth £100m...alli was a wikipedia scouts wet dream, more goals than gerrard, lampard and scholes at 21, just keep looking at that stat and let it distract you from watching him try and pass a football every week, he was a typical PL player, good at timing and scoring goals and the speed of thought and the bish bash bosh, no one outside the PL would touch it because the technical side was never there, look at his england record or even his champions league record, both are poor, isco was the exact opposite, technical dream player which unfortunately for him madrid bought several of

both of them are washed up and wouldnt want us anywhere near either of them but at the same time id agree that isco would be comparable to the coutinho signing whereas at this stage of his career alli would be more like drinkwater or barkley 

Yeah, fair enough to be honest. 

We agree that they are both washed up though. Hardly a 'disgrace' to compare where the two are now (one a free agent and the other in Turkey). 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I still think, someone could turn Alli around.

44 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If Mourinho couldn't do it at Spurs, I don't think anyone can.  He's one of those players who was good at the game when growing up but never really loved the game or the grind of being a professional footballer.  He should be in his prime right now, but he's completely checked out and all his motivation/ambition is gone now that he's made his money.  He's going to fook off to become a full time Twitch streamer/Instagram influencer next season.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nah man, he’s spent. Something happened somewhere along the line that killed his drive for the game. Not sure what, but he’ll end up retiring at 30 or something. Not that I care, just my opinion. 

Due in the main to the speculative inaccuracies of the January Window, buy Journos....I will wait and see for the summer.

I have no idea, of how much we have to spend and will not be influenced by speculation from folk, who equally have no idea.

I will just look forward to us improving, with the help of the summer window....fingers crossed.

In Unai, I trust.