Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

CB, RB, CM, LW and ST all needed in the summer.

Plus a young highly rated GK to come in and really challenge Martinez. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in with a very big offer for Martinez.

Not for me, spreading it too thin

£120m on a CM and a winger

The £50-80m striker guaranteed goalscorer that we need doesn't exist

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The strikers do exist, but they are at those huge clubs, like Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, we won't get a look in unfortunately, especially if we stick to midtable mediocracy. All I know is the board need to get to spending some serious money, an not spend it on players that might be, although I doubt we can pay the salaries of anyone decent. I really think football success is moving further away for us.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

We lack physicality throughout the side, we are too soft. 

We won’t get him of course but I’d love someone like Palhinha at Fulham. 

27 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Di Maria is Argentinian. 

Emery is Spanish.

The post said "Emery's countryman".

Can't tell if you're joking or not?

My post clearly says Emi’s countryman (stroll back), not Emery’s countryman.

Perhaps you should spend more time reading a post and less time reacting to it  

With most of the football watching population recognising who Angel Di Maria is I’m pretty sure the ‘Emi’ in my post was obviously pointing to Emi Martinez and his relationship with Di Maria, especially considering the latter’s been singing Dibu’s praises after the World Cup

This place amazes me sometimes, people spout bollocks like they’re gods gift to the world of football and their opinion matters more than anyone else’s. 

I think before we all log in to VillaTalk there should be two statements that pop up, the first being ‘respect other VT members’ and the other saying ‘please engage brain before posting’

40 minutes ago, burchy said:

My post clearly says Emi’s countryman (stroll back), not Emery’s countryman.

Perhaps you should spend more time reading a post and less time reacting to it  

With most of the football watching population recognising who Angel Di Maria is I’m pretty sure the ‘Emi’ in my post was obviously pointing to Emi Martinez and his relationship with Di Maria, especially considering the latter’s been singing Dibu’s praises after the World Cup

This place amazes me sometimes, people spout bollocks like they’re gods gift to the world of football and their opinion matters more than anyone else’s. 

I think before we all log in to VillaTalk there should be two statements that pop up, the first being ‘respect other VT members’ and the other saying ‘please engage brain before posting’

Blimey, this is quite the reaction.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Depends who we can bring in. There are bargains out there but we aren’t the best at finding them.

Look at Mitoma at Brighton, cost something like £5m and now they’d want 10 times that to sell him.

Still think Kamada would be great, and perfect for us considering the lack of transfer fee and how many players we need.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Depends who we can bring in. There are bargains out there but we aren’t the best at finding them.

Look at Mitoma at Brighton, cost something like £5m and now they’d want 10 times that to sell him.

Still think Kamada would be great, and perfect for us considering the lack of transfer fee and how many players we need.

Where would you play him? I’d play him at LM and have him cut in but interested in everyone else take on him and where he’d fit in an Emery formation

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Where would you play him? I’d play him at LM and have him cut in but interested in everyone else take on him and where he’d fit in an Emery formation

Yeah LM. He would just offer us something that we don’t seem to have.

Plus the marketing potential as well. 🤣

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Yeah LM. He would just offer us something that we don’t seem to have.

Plus the marketing potential as well. 🤣

Agreed, he tore Arsenal a new one a couple of years  back and I think he’d be perfect at LM, creative and can score but solid defensively and good in the press too.

Have we ever had a Japanese player play for the men’s team?

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Agreed, he tore Arsenal a new one a couple of years  back and I think he’d be perfect at LM, creative and can score but solid defensively and good in the press too.

Have we ever had a Japanese player play for the men’s team?

I think there’ll be a few clubs in for him I’m afraid.