Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You're clearly talking about Arsenal strikers here.

He's ruined that joke. You can't make a decent Jesus joke anymore. He needs to play in la Liga so I can make Religious jokes again. 

You make a God joke these days and you get crucified.

Benrahma, Felipe Anderson, Dan James, Sancho, Pepe, Sterling just to name a few wingers that have been underwhelming or failed all cost more or the same as Leon Bailey so it proves that it isn’t that easy. Leon Bailey pre Villa was one of the most exciting wingers in Europe as frustrating as he can be it hasn’t been a complete disaster like people make him out to be both he and Traore have had their fare share of injuries and  the Gerrard effect.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Benrahma, Felipe Anderson, Dan James, Sancho, Pepe, Sterling just to name a few wingers that have been underwhelming or failed all cost more or the same as Leon Bailey so it proves that it isn’t that easy. Leon Bailey pre Villa was one of the most exciting wingers in Europe as frustrating as he can be it hasn’t been a complete disaster like people make him out to be both he and Traore have had their fare share of injuries and  the Gerrard effect.

Problem is villa have spent money on them and we havent had much joy with wide players.

Traore, trez aeg bailey buendia coutinho. Not much great business there. Out of all of them for me bailey has done the best in that position.

Im happy with bailey. He is inconsistent but i think he is a confidence player. He will be good for us in the long run

Shame we didnt spot gnoto. He is the exact type of wode player we need

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So is gnoto a goal keeper? Or is he a defender?

Explain that 😂

You criticised our scouting department and didnt specify anything else about positions

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Problem is villa have spent money on them and we havent had much joy with wide players.

Traore, trez aeg bailey buendia coutinho. Not much great business there. Out of all of them for me bailey has done the best in that position.

Im happy with bailey. He is inconsistent but i think he is a confidence player. He will be good for us in the long run

Shame we didnt spot gnoto. He is the exact type of wode player we need

That goes for all the premier league teams, only leeds we’re willing to take a punt on a 5ft6 winger released by Inter that went on to play in the worst team in the swiss super league. 

Also, an 18 year old performing at that level really should have been attracting more interest from clubs assuming that wasn't the case in the first place. Especially for that price point. Compare it for example to the prices and track records of the hot prospects we were linked with in Jan(Moleiro, Osorio).

Edited by Laughable Chimp

59 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He's ruined that joke. You can't make a decent Jesus joke anymore. He needs to play in la Liga so I can make Religious jokes again. 

You make a God joke these days and you get crucified.

Resurrecting old joke topics, heaven help us! 😉

• Haha 2

The Idea that Ngoto was some unknown player who they unearthed is odd. He has been a wonderkid on FM since 2020, and someone I always sign given his massive in game potential and low cost. He would be on every scouting database and known by all professional teams by the time Leeds signed him. 

Edited by VBM

13 minutes ago, VBM said:

The Idea that Ngoto was some unknown player who they unearthed is odd. He has been a wonderkid on FM since 2020, and someone I always sign given his massive in game potential and low cost. He would be on every scouting database and known by all professional teams by the time Leeds signed him. 

Also an Italian International

Gnonto was linked to various big European clubs - Feyenoord, PSV, Hoffenheim and Frankfurt. Heck, the Italian media linked him to Fulham. The idea that Leeds plucked him from obscurity is laughable. 

Edited by The_Steve

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

That goes for all the premier league teams, only leeds we’re willing to take a punt on a 5ft6 winger released by Inter that went on to play in the worst team in the swiss super league. 

If you add all the fees of those players thats a lot of money spent. Close to 100m if you include wages thats over 100m so we are one of the worst for it for a team outside europe

I think for me the winger position itself is a poison chalice, we all expect too much from players out wide. Back in the day if they could cross the ball well and could beat a man and get to byline they’d be classed as a decent winger. Nowadays they’re expected to not only score double figures but assist double figures too. 

For me it’s the clinical finisher that we need more so than a wing wizard. Bailey will do for now as I can see him (injuries permitting) pushing on next year. 

I want us to go big on a striker and buy an up and coming winger in the Summer, a player that can grow with us and become world class.

• Like 1