Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’d be very sprites to see 3 or 4

2 is the best we can hope for IMO

I'd say 3 is the magic number, but expect 2, as you say.

Hopefully we can tick along nicely till January and potentially do something there as well though?

We need to remind ourselves; we've also got our injured players to return.

• Like 1

People will be disappointed if they think there will be 2 or 3 incomings. I think we are done IMO

Reason being, I don't think we are the type of team now to be scratching around at the end of the window, trying to rush last min deals through. There has been no real concrete links. 

Just IMO of course. 

• Like 1

so, we will know before our next PL game (3rd Sept) what our final squad will look like, going to be an interesting few days.

Considering the last 2-3 years we havent does much if any business on or near deadline day, but i get the feeling that might change this year?

Great that we will have a nice relaxed home game versus Hibs, and thats it between now and the end of the transfer window, the rest can be just getting excited about possible transfer ins and outs before we play again in the Prem :)

Edited by MaVilla

Two quality operators is just right for me. Another attacker (left wide forward) and a right back for me. Then even with the injuries we will have at least two quality players for every position.

I don't want us to have a bloated squad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

People will be disappointed if they think there will be 2 or 3 incomings. I think we are done IMO

Reason being, I don't think we are the type of team now to be scratching around at the end of the window, trying to rush last min deals through. There has been no real concrete links. 

Just IMO of course. 

If we didn’t have Monchi and Emery I’d agree with you.

But who knows if we are working on some really ambitious deals that could go right to the wire.

I know what you mean though. History suggests that we are done, I’m not so sure.

I think with the extra clearance in finances we may go back in for Johnson.  No inside knowledge just a feeling that enough people are looking at him to support the idea hes got what it takes.  I've not seen a lot of him if I'm honest but if he's similar to Oli then it makes sense to me.  Within our range too.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just IMO of course. 

Not sure we really need anyone else tbh, given we still have Moreno, Ramsey, Dendoncker & Coutinho to come back plus obviously Buendia and Mings in time. I don't think we'll get a different backup keeper, and while I'd prefer a more senior backup striker and Duran getting a top-flight loan somewhere I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe a young full back? But we haven't got room in the Euros squad anyway AIUI?

Suspect the main focus will be on getting JPB, Davis and Hause out the door. 

The long term injuries to Emi and Ty put us in a tricky situation, in that to replace them with equal quality (Ty in particular) we'd need to spend a lot of money, which won't be possible.

We basically have 4 high level starting CB's on the books, who are paid accordingly; we can't carry 5. Could maybe get a loan to cover Mings, but that isn't going to be anywhere near the quality, because CBs like that don't get loaned, its basically going to be Chambers quality, so what's the point given we have Chambers and Dendoncker etc who can step in in emergencies.

RB would be good as we don't have any out and out RB cover, plus someone upfront. Better back up keeper would be good but Emery seems happy with Olsen.

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we didn’t have Monchi and Emery I’d agree with you.

But who knows if we are working on some really ambitious deals that could go right to the wire.

I know what you mean though. History suggests that we are done, I’m not so sure.

There could be a last minute loan deal perhaps, but I can't see a Foyth, Felix or Ferran signing... as much as it would be great! :) 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just IMO of course. 

Maybe, but Emery has emphasised the idea that we are always alert to opportunities to improve the squad. There’s still many more moves to be made at short notice this week, can see a few of them being to B6.

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just IMO of course. 

Well we couldn’t fill the sub bench today and we had also two keepers on it.  Shouldn’t be selling if we have no plans to bring in another couple.  We are in Europe this year, we need more

• Haha 1